Post Traktor-playlists automatically to a dedicated site -> blessing or gimmick?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Post Traktor-playlists automatically to a dedicated site -> blessing or gimmick?

The new Traktor Scrobbler is almost ready to publish it. It comes with some kick-ass features like bringing current title display for Nicecast users on OSX.

I thought about creating a website where users can post their playlists automatically. Pretty much like what Serato has.

While this is a cool feature I'm asking myself the question Why would people want such a feature for Traktor.
    What's the benefit of such a site? Do you have any ideas which justify weeks of work into crafting that page?

I'd also hack something together so people can upload their Traktor-playlists on Serato.com but I don't want to ruin my connection with Serato
    Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 05-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What about an option of having it post to the different sites like blogger or wordpress if we're already set up with a current blog. Another cool idea would be to have it automatically post a link to buy the song from amazon or itunes or beatport. Not sure how feasible that is.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Since I built a plugin-architecture that would be very possible.

Up until now it was more of a niché-tool but I think with the new features (last.fm anyone) more users will approach me with good ideas.

Generating buy-links is feasible. Actually there's a site who's going to use the tool for their service which will also offer buy-links for the track currently playing on Beatport.

Oh come on dudes.
    You talk about all shit around here every day.

I dedicate a large part of my life to the technical aspects of DJing and even host a party which gets some of you DJTT-guys in the clubs.

I don't expect to be given a knighthood for it, but I expect at least some people on here to provide their opinion on a subject which everyone can understand and is likely to have an opinion on.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Really, no one here wants their playlist auto posted anywhere?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Not really sure what the question is. Do you want to have feedback on why you should it? Or do you want to get ideas on what you should include? I'm confused

I need to know whether people want to post their playlists to some site and if yes, where do they see the purpose.

Although Serato offers this and it's a cool gimmick I don't understand why people would want to use it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I need to know whether people want to post their playlists to some site and if yes, where do they see the purpose.

Although Serato offers this and it's a cool gimmick I don't understand why people would want to use it.
    OK, I'm with you on that. I don't understand what the advantage is of that either. I don't broadcast that much anymore, but I would still like to know.

Tech Guru

I think it's super useful man. I check out playlist for artist I'm diggin all the time. I hear an awesome track by an artist I like, I normally check to see what his latest playlist was to see what other songs that particular artist is diggin that goes with that song, cause chances are it's gonna be another gem I like.

Also I find check out others playlist gets me out of my norm. I like to also check out open format playlists. To me a dope set by a guy like Craze is masterful how he puts together so many songs from different times. For me personally it sparks creativity and gets me out of my regular way of putting tracks together.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I personally don't like the sound of the idea, the best part of putting a set together is that YOU did it, this would only give people the ability to take your EXACT set and copy it.

lastfm for dj's... bad idea.

thats just my opinion though, i can see why other people might be into it though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast