S4 and TSP2

Thread: S4 and TSP2

Tech Student

Default S4 and TSP2

I own a Kontrol S4 running TP2 on a MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 4GB MacOSX 10.6.7.

I am considering upgrading to TSP2 to use timecode control with CDJs or turntables.

Here are my questions/concerns:

1. Would I be able to switch on the fly between timecode and straight up S4, basically turning timecode off, so to speak? And would the S4 keep full functionality of all its sections when upgrading to TSP2 and not using the timecode control?

2. Would I be able to switch on the fly from the timecode function and use CDJs or turntables to play CDs/vinyls, basically using the S4 as a mixer and the CDJs or turntables as external hardware setting up 2 decks for that purpose? There might be a different path to allow this function and, if so, does anybody know how to do so?

3. Does anybody have any experience with such a set up and could tell me if I should just stick with just the S4 or consider any different gear for that purpose.

4. Finally any 2cents in practicality and sound quality with aforementioned setups.

Thank you all so much ! ! !

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can do what you want, the only catch is the software has to be on to use the S4 as the mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

@photojojo: and so you set up the deck as external audio hardware? can you switch from timecode to that on the fly, of course leaving the software on? or you do it in another way?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can run the decks through as live input. I'm not exactly sure about how you switch from timecode or not, but there was a discussion recently about using one turntable for both decks so I know you can switch it on the fly.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

@photojojo: firstly I want to thank you for the prompt answers ! secondly I'd like to ask if you could help me find that discussion so that I can try to figure out how to go about my dilemma

Deeply Appreciated !