Need help setting up my subwoofer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need help setting up my subwoofer.

I need to hook this up
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290036
    to a pair of these http://www.zzounds.com/item--JBLC2PS which are connect to a Duet if that's important.
    I just need to know what cables to get thanks.

You need to feed the signal from the Duet into the sub, and from there into the speakers, I think. Although, it looks like it only uses speaker wire, rather than XLR or the likes. You may have trouble.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

You need 2 of these.... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=181-692 and 2 sets of RCA's. I'm not sure what a duet is, but you need to come off the RCA output source of your soundcard or mixer and use the Y connectors on both the L and R channel of it, from there you plug in your sets of rcas cables and go to the sub and the powered speaker, and from the powered speaker you would use speaker cable to go to the slave speaker. If I knew what equipment you had there might be another way.

Edit: It looks like the jbl speakers already come with an extension wire for the slave
    Last edited by manchild; 05-23-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Tech Guru

BTW you could save some cash and get a lot better sounding system if you built it yourself. I just put together a system that would cost over 6 g's for 1 grand. 4 15's, 4 6 1/2's , and 4 3" titanium super tweeters powered by 1 1000w Crown Xls amp and 1 2500w crowns xls amp.....straight up rediculous

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You need to feed the signal from the Duet into the sub, and from there into the speakers, I think. Although, it looks like it only uses speaker wire, rather than XLR or the likes. You may have trouble.
    Yep, it looks like it's not going to work. I hope you didn't order this stuff yet so you can figure something out that works better together, if not you're going to have to split you signal. Run the L/R RCA's from your soundcard to two female to male splitters

plug one of each into the sub then run another set of RCA's to your speakers.

Edit: dam I'm slow...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Yep, it looks like it's not going to work. I hope you didn't order this stuff yet so you can figure something out that works better together, if not you're going to have to split you signal. Run the L/R RCA's from your soundcard to two female to male splitters

plug one of each into the sub then run another set of RCA's to your speakers.

Edit: dam I'm slow...
    Thats the wrong cable.......need 2 females and 1 male

Tech Convert

Ok, So I think your best bet is to take your Right and Left line outputs from the duet and run those to the jbl with the power (not the secondary unpowered one obviously)

Then take the external speaker output on that jbl and run it to the sub (you will need a male 1/4" cable that goes to male rca, right and left)

Then run the speaker out from the sub to your secondary jbl via standard speaker cable.

This should work fine.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Thats the wrong cable.......need 2 females and 1 male
    You are correct sir!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by yahman1254 View Post
    Ok, So I think your best bet is to take your Right and Left line outputs from the duet and run those to the jbl with the power (not the secondary unpowered one obviously)

Then take the external speaker output on that jbl and run it to the sub (you will need a male 1/4" cable that goes to male rca, right and left)

Then run the speaker out from the sub to your secondary jbl via standard speaker cable.

This should work fine.
    There's a lot of things wrong with that. Number 1 is that you want the jbl speaker to power the sub and the sub to power the slave. The subwoofer doesn't accept powered rca input...and the sub x-over may be before the output meaning that you'll only get low hz frequency only on your slave jbl. Keep the designed amps to power the designed speakers
    Last edited by manchild; 05-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    There's a lot of things wrong with that. Number 1 is that you want the jbl speaker to power the sub and the sub to power the slave. The subwoofer doesn't accept powered rca input...and the sub x-over may be before the output meaning that you'll only get low hz frequency only on your slave jbl. Keep the designed amps to power the designed speakers
    The powered signal going to the sub may be an issue I didn't think of, but I highly doubt the crossover applies to the speaker outputs on the sub. The problem with this is that the second jbl would be powered by the sub's amp, assuming that output is designed to go to an unpowered speaker.

I was trying to find a way to avoid splitting the source signal from the duet, but I guess that isn't that big of a deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast