Higher end Audio Interfaces. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
    by sound quality what do you mean? was the motu flat sounding?
    also by blew out of the water are you referring to output level?

First off don't want to sound rude but top of the line soundcards are gonna sound flat with the less amount of coloration so if this was the case no emphasis on bass or anything like that. They are made for mixing as in mixdowns of tracks or songs, you want those to be the flatest sound possible to give you an accurate representation of the instrument recorded or in playback. As to mix it properly for all other audio source i.e:. ipods, personal house systems, car systems etc..

Second off! your NI x1 is gonna be louder because NI tend to give their soundcards a output boost compared to a lot of other studio devices for live applications! Only reason is when your doing a live show whatever kind of show it is, you might need that extra boost if something in the set up has a low output.

hope this was clear
    like i said don't want to discredit your personal experiences with these soundcards, i personally never tried a MOTU! so i have no clue how they sound like! i've heard fairly good things about them though!

Sorry for the novel!
    The Motu wasn't flat, but the sound just wasn't as crisp as the Audio Kontrol 1. If I remember correctly, I was in a Deadmau5 phase and I played "I Remember" and my friend played a remix that I own and have heard many times and it just didn't have the luster that I'm used to. It could have been that "I Remember" was mixed to cater to playing out, hence why it would sound better on the AK1, but nothing really jumped out at me.

And don't worry about making me feel bad, I've been through a lot of shit. Someone's completely legitimate question on a forum isn't gonna make me tear up.

Thanks for this mental spar, it got me all mentally ready to START doing some work...at midnight. TTYL.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

So is the Komplete Audio 6 a better LIVE soundcard that the Duet 2 would be?

There isn't really anywhere I can directly test them in person, and like I said above, want to do it mostly with production work with the ability to play out live at times (moreso down the line). I could see the benefit of potentially having a MIDI in, for the future, but it's not something I'm really all about, for it's not something I'd utilize anytime soon. (I don't really plan on collecting analogue equipment).

KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 is designed to be flexible, with plenty of options for connecting mics, guitars, MIDI instruments or outboard gear:

4 analog inputs: 2 balanced mic/line/instrument (XLR); plus 2 balanced line (1/4" TRS)
    4 balanced analog outputs (1/4" TRS)
    Digital stereo input and output (S/PDIF / RCA) for lossless signal transmission
    MIDI in/out for master keyboard, MASCHINE or any third-party MIDI controller
    Headphone output with independent level control and source switch
    Completely USB powered, with an extra sturdy custom USB socket

Features

USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
    2 analog inputs: Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
    Mic/Instrument (+14dBu max)
    4 analog outputs:
    Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
    1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
    2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
    A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
    Top panel high resolution OLED display
    Multi-function controller knob
    Two assignable top panel touchpads:
    Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
    Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
    Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
    Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
    Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert

The big thing I'm noticing is that the Motu has a lot of things I don't think I'd utilize, the Duet seems to be just what I need at the moment, and the Komplete Audio 6 seems to be halfway between the two (but at a lower pricepoint).

It's damned confusing.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I've tried none of them but that duet is one sexy, sexy looking piece of kit.

Unless your running a large band whilst producing, i dont think the motu is for you, personally id go for the KA6 just because everything is there for a smaller price,

But damn that duet is sexy, but imagine you were playing live and you hit mute on the touchscreen by mistake ?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12