Sample Deck Question

Default Sample Deck Question

I may get a lot of hate from this but I honestly have been searching for a good while now and cannot find my answer. All I want to do is a take a loop from a current track and drop it in my sample deck!

Every tutorial I read is for the S4 which says you can just hit the sample deck button and it does it for you, and also says you can drag/drop it with the mouse. Neither of these are working, I have a mixtrack that's mapped for the sample decks and it doesn't load them in when I hit the respective sample deck button. When I try to drag n drop it just moves the track.

Am I just extremely stupid or what?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

click on the section above the waveform that has the track name and drag from there to the sample slot. Is the mapping you're using for T2 or S4?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    click on the section above the waveform that has the track name and drag from there to the sample slot. Is the mapping you're using for T2 or S4?
    Thank you.... SO MUCH! One more question, is it now possible to save this sample to my library?

And my mapping is for T2 U got it off TraktorFreaks it was specifically for Sample Decks

**EDIT** Whoops I realized it automatically does this!
    Last edited by Mindfunk; 05-23-2011 at 08:48 PM.

yeah i noticed before I reformatted my laptop i had quite a number of them =p
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

All Audio dropped into sample decks is saved in the Traktor SAMPLE Library in WAVE format

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfunk View Post
    **EDIT** Whoops I realized it automatically does this!
    my sample folder is a mess because of this, need to disable that function...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

just use a different sample library for the ones you're actually using and you're sorted untill NI changes this.

I use two favorite folders to have access to one shots and loop samples which I add from my sample library. After each set I play I check out the saved samples to see if there's some that I can add to said favorite folders.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    just use a different sample library for the ones you're actually using and you're sorted untill NI changes this.

I use two favorite folders to have access to one shots and loop samples which I add from my sample library. After each set I play I check out the saved samples to see if there's some that I can add to said favorite folders.
    i don't even want them saved. set them on the fly as/when i need to. never to be used again in most cases. hell i've got duplicates cos i've done the same thing a few times in a row...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud