Gig Please HELP!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Gig Please HELP!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Just got accepted to have a look around a club and demo my skills for a local club.
    My nerves are running really high and shitting myself. What would be involved that night?
    I am building my collection full of 2011 2010 2009 stuff to play that night and planning what I am going to do but not sure how much stuff I should bring.. Also if anyone know good pointers for getting over my nerves and any tips I should do during the night.

I want this soo bad but with my nerves, I don't want to fail and need to be prepared for that night as much as possible.

Tech Guru

just take deep breaths... a lot of ppl do better with nerves, even though they're nervous as hell.

if you decide to have a beer or something, just make it ONE! last thing you need is nerves AND impaired judgement.

Don't overthink the dancefloor/flow. sometimes ppl dont dance bc they just dont want to, even though theyre enjoying the music.

Breathe.

practice.

breathe. lol
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

oh, and get there EARLY! to set up, troubleshoot, and whatever else that might come up
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Wizard

im nervous at every single one of my damn gigs! just set up, start slow, and play a song or two that you like and make you calm and focused on your tracks!

then after a while the mix is gona take hold of you and you won't even think about it!!

goodluck

what genre do you play? Also go to a night at that club or two to see what they play!
    helps out!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    oh, and get there EARLY! to set up, troubleshoot, and whatever else that might come up
    +1!!

Tech Student

Thanks, in the end its music right? really started to over think... Whats the standard bit rate you should use for your music in a club? and is there a program to test your music isn't popping and cracking?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tbourke45 View Post
    Thanks, in the end its music right? really started to over think... Whats the standard bit rate you should use for your music in a club? and is there a program to test your music isn't popping and cracking?
    seriously i don't know of any programs for that!
    on the bit rate personally if you can afford it go Wave files,
    even if most club system are unable to properly reproduce the difference. unless your playing on a very good funktion one system
    or custom made system (stereo montreal).

MP3 320 are good nothing under that bit rate, flac, ALE and the equivalent of mp3 320 for apple (can't recall the equivalent)

There's another thread with all the info, but getting there REALLY early is a good idea cause it entails everythign I would suggest. As in bringing extra cables (ALL OF THEM), a copy of your tracks on an iPod, ohh and make sure you bring a flashlight!

Best of luck man! Let us know how it goes!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    There's another thread with all the info, but getting there REALLY early is a good idea cause it entails everythign I would suggest. As in bringing extra cables (ALL OF THEM), a copy of your tracks on an iPod, ohh and make sure you bring a flashlight!

Best of luck man! Let us know how it goes!
    never thought of a flashlight!!! i use small usb powered lights
    i'll remember the flashlight next time!

Just chill and enjoy the night, don't worry to much or try and over complicate things. Getting there early is a must, I remember one night doing a gig only to find one of there needles was broke. I spent the first 40 mins of my set on one turntable, whilst my mate rushed home to pick another set up. My own stupid fault for not being prepared, school boy error.

Just remember the 7 P's

Perfect, Preparation, Prevents, Piss, Poor, Performance.

Have Fun, and let us know how you got on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast