Question for an audio interface
    Tech Mentor

Default Question for an audio interface

Hey guys, I am going to be ordering a new mixer, seeming as my other one broke, and was going to also purchase an audio interface. The mixer which broke had an internal soundcard, I know not the best. But seeming as I haven't had to deal with them, I am pretty unfamiliar with them. I am currently running Traktor Duo 2, 2 x Denon DN-S1200's, and Pioneer HDJ 1000's for headphones. I was previously using my Denon DN-S1200's to each control their own deck in Traktor and using ASIO4ALL. My setup was I would have a usb from my computer to each Denon, and then one to my mixer. Then each mixer had an RCA cable as a line into a separate channel of the mixer. It took countless hours for me to actually get the setup to work but it eventually did. Now I was thinking of buying the Allen & Heath Xone 22 mixer, I only need 2 channels and it appears to have everything I need within my price range, but I was wondering which audio interface I could buy to make my setup work. That is having each denon control a deck in Traktor and then output to a seperate channel on the mixer. I have heard nothing but good things about Audio 2 DJ but I am not sure if it has enough I/O's for my setup. And if it does, how would the setup actually work?

Sorry for the lenegthy message but I don't want to buy something unless I know it is exactly what I need.

Thanks for the help

Plur

I dunno if I just failing to read this because I'm tired but I can't tell if you're using timecode CDs or midi control withy our CD players. Are you using traktor scratch duo or traktor duo?

Scratch Duo = Audio 4, 6, 8 or 10. is required as you need 2 mono inputs per deck. The 4 or 6 will give you 2 deck control.

Duo with CD players acting as midi controllers = Audio 2 will be fine.

If you're using scratch duo how did you buy it without a sound card? I didn't think you could do that.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I dunno if I just failing to read this because I'm tired but I can't tell if you're using timecode CDs or midi control withy our CD players. Are you using traktor scratch duo or traktor duo?

Scratch Duo = Audio 4, 6, 8 or 10. is required as you need 2 mono inputs per deck. The 4 or 6 will give you 2 deck control.

Duo with CD players acting as midi controllers = Audio 2 will be fine.

If you're using scratch duo how did you buy it without a sound card? I didn't think you could do that.
    I am using my CD players as midi controllers, not timecode CDs. And I am using Traktor Duo 2.
    So how would I connect the two CD players? A usb from the computer to the Audio 2, then the two connections two each controller? Then RCA cables from each controller to its own channel on the mixer?

thanks for the help mate,

plur

CDJs to computer via usb
    Audio 2 to computer via usb
    each output of audio 2 to each line input on the mixer via 1/4" jack to rca cable.

plur!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    CDJs to computer via usb
    Audio 2 to computer via usb
    each output of audio 2 to each line input on the mixer via 1/4" jack to rca cable.

plur!
    Ahhh my dude, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it