Hackingtosh for Dj'ing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hackingtosh for Dj'ing

Came along this http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/05...leo4allv3.html
    I know there was something like hackingtosh, but this article got my interest.
    However I've got a few questions I hope you guys can answer.
    1. Is hackingtosh on a windows laptop (toshiba satellite) good for Dj'ing purposes?
    2. Will it delete my regular windows data or can I still use my windows stuff?
    3. Is there anyone on this forum who also uses it, and is it worth giving it a go?
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This forum doesn't endorse "hackintosh projects", sorry mate.

Get a mac, or use windows. Why bother if you can get traktor working just fine under both OSes?

And please, at least remove the link from your post. It's really not a great idea to link something like that here.
    Last edited by jimbob5000; 05-24-2011 at 01:50 PM.

I don't see the point really. Also I bet this is one of those things that should be of so simple but has a habit of turning really quite nasty and requiring a good level of technical expertise to get working how you want it. (expertise I doubt you have since you don't seem to have any experience installing an operating system judging by question number 2)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I don't see the point really. Also I bet this is one of those things that should be of so simple but has a habit of turning really quite nasty and requiring a good level of technical expertise to get working how you want it. (expertise I doubt you have since you don't seem to have any experience installing an operating system judging by question number 2)
    true
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Quote Originally Posted by Poulet Blanc View Post
    true
    Stay away from the idea then. You will probably lose some data (unless you have backup of everything) and it is a time consuming process with no guarantees it will work in the end.

If you want OSX save for a mac, it's worth it. If you don't feel like spending such a large amount of money, tinker your PC and you should be fine.

Also, you must consider the instability of running something on hardware it was never designed to run on. Especially where if you crash you may lose a spot at a club, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Stay away from the idea then. You will probably lose some data (unless you have backup of everything) and it is a time consuming process with no guarantees it will work in the end.

If you want OSX save for a mac, it's worth it. If you don't feel like spending such a large amount of money, tinker your PC and you should be fine.
    Ok, thanks for the advice guys.

Tech Wizard

Aren't hackintosh's legal as long as you buy OS X?

Quote Originally Posted by miikkeeyy92 View Post
    Aren't hackintosh's legal as long as you buy OS X?
    According to the agreement you make when installing Mac OS X it can only be installed on hardware made by Apple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast