OT - The "phone thread"... just got a Samsung Galaxy S2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT - The "phone thread"... just got a Samsung Galaxy S2

and it's sitting on my desk unopened!

I got it as an upgrade on my existing contract - I can't decide whether I should open it and start using it or continue using my old knackered iPhone 3G and sell the S2 on eBay... they go for £450+ at the moment!

what should I do?! on one hand, I'd love to have this phone but on the other hand, I could really do with £450... I'd even settle for half that and a 2nd hand iPhone 3GS (which would be a decent upgrade for me).

decisions decisions...

Honestly I'd get what you think you'd enjoy the best. Personally, I've gone with an iPhone and I won't go back now. Even though there might be a couple little bells and whistles on other things that could statistically be better, I think having uniformity is a good thing.

I'd say just figure out which phone you actually want, then either sell what you have or stick with it. Simple as that.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

sell both your phones and get a blackberry bold, once you go that road you'll be loving it

lol, people still get hyped about Blackberry's? I think I'd honestly rather go back to Nokia tbh... still, different strokes for different folks I guess

S2 or sell/swap for iphone 4

i used to have an android based phone (htc dream) but back then android hadn't matured enough yet so when my contract upgrade came along i went iphone 4.

but android has come leaps and bounds since then and i would gladly consider another android phone when my next upgrade is due.

I've been an Android user since its release (dream/g1) and now own the past SGS (1). I love the phone and with Android you can do some crazy things! As far as the "custom ROMs" and development support there are some really great Developers that have picked up the SGS2 and will be making that thing do backflips and handjobs.... but....

With that said, there is A LOT of trial and error that they (and you, if you decided to mod your phone) will go through. If you want a no hassle phone that just works stick with an iphone. I personally will be fully converted to the darkside after my phone contract is up and purchasing the iphone 4... damn macbook... y you work so well!?!?! lol

if you're a bit tech savvy here is a great site for anything android!!!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

Josh is right on the straight swap... they are in the same ballpark... GL
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Waiting for My HTC Desire HD to be activated - its a beast. My wife is offering me her iPhone in a direct swap. Let me think about that...........
    Nah!
    356 reasons why

Increasingly tired of OT threads.

We need a place to store them out of the way.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    S2 or sell/swap for iphone 4

i used to have an android based phone (htc dream) but back then android hadn't matured enough yet so when my contract upgrade came along i went iphone 4.

but android has come leaps and bounds since then and i would gladly consider another android phone when my next upgrade is due.
    josh as per specs sgs2 looks quite impressive and what surprises me is its cost, as compared to iphone 4, it is pretty inexpensive . Iphone 4 has 3.5 inch display while samsung galaxy s2 has 4.2 inch. However screen resolution matters where sg2 lags but there's no large difference. Even sg2 offers both high resolution camera's 8MP rear and 2MP front while on other hand iphone 4 with high cost offers only 5MP rear and and simple front camera (as compared to sgs2). To me as budget matters i feel this one is quite good.

I love the pros and cons of both, i have a htc desire hd and an iphone 4, the iphone 4 a friend smashed and he practically gave it to me for $30 bucks as he was getting a new phone, it is running ios 5.0 beta and it is great. I like both but do alot of app developing so i have to have both. I'd say keep your htc and maybe get an ipod touch if you want the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast