DJ Lighting

Thread: DJ Lighting

Tech Convert

Default DJ Lighting

I'm buying a centerpiece light and I want some opinions. 1) Chauvet Trident 2) Chauvet Kinta X or 3) American DJ Aggressor Tri LED

Tech Mentor

I personally use a RAGE LED light and it is insanely good for the price. Consider that if you don't have a lighting stand you may want a light with a flat bottom so that it can be placed on a table or a flat surface instead of being hanged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABf5wRVI1Z4
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

yo, how much did that set you back? / is it controlled? or automated (sound sensitive) to the music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Convert

i looked it up. I saw $230. thats kind of out of my price range though. I wanted to pay like $150 max.

dont get me wrong i'd love to have it though lol

I say save your money and just get some LED uplighting. I personally find all the low end light effects cheesey, and for some reason, it takes away from the ambiance more than it adds. It just gives a corny feel to me. Stick with simple LED's, and maybe a projector effect.

Mirror Ball!

Thats definately the cheapest way to get some light moving around the room. You can pick up a cheap one with spot for £30.

You could also look into micro lazers. Really small footprint and they can fill a room with light.

If you wanna go upmarket a bit more get some scanners. I hear martin do some very nice ones. Might be quite expensive though.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    yo, how much did that set you back? / is it controlled? or automated (sound sensitive) to the music?
    It cost me $215 Aussie. It's got a mic on the back so is sensitive to the music and has DMX inputs if you want to control it with a controller. It has heaps of preset shows that run without any controller required. The best thing about it is the sheer number of beams it has which looks sweet with smoke.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

glad i searched before i created this topic =P I also was looking at getting some lighting for my bedroom/livingroom dj setup, i had it down to the Aggressor tri led, and the Trident but after some research it seemed that overall the Aggressor Tri Led was the best choice. Love the strobe effect on it.

I wanted to know what other options (under 150$) were out there. Its tough to beat the aggressor @ 129$ but im sure someone here has some other lighting choices i could check out. (oh, and dont forget a fog machine)..