Another Versus Thread: Akai MPD 24 vs Midifighter - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

apc20 + mapping like a midifighter/x1 = ???
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

knobs are not endless they can turn left right forever but they only send absolute values not increments, so it looks like they are endless but are not. Just to warn you.
    TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mekon_ca View Post
    knobs are not endless they can turn left right forever but they only send absolute values not increments, so it looks like they are endless but are not. Just to warn you.
    That's why they are endless knobs, not encoders.

and you are AKAIs PR
    TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

Hmm... a tough one indeed... it's a choice between cool functional stuff vs uncool functional stuff with more function options... I'd LOVE to try a midifighter... though I think there's not even one in my country..
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Quote Originally Posted by mekon_ca View Post
    and you are AKAIs PR
    thanks to Padi's traktor mapping for the APC40 I honestly cant see how any other controller is better imho
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

This is obvious. MPD24, because IT HAS KNOBS AND FADERS. The only benefit of the Midi Fighter is that it has really really nice buttons, but you can get around this by upgrading the pads of the MPD. It's not valid to argue that the MF is better because of it's instant gratification mapping, because you can easily map that yourself, if you know what you're doing. I have mapped similar things into my Kontrol X1 and an APC40. Furthermore, the knobs are are fine - wonderful, as a matter of fact. The faders will the extremely useful as well. If size is the deciding factor, then obviously the MF wins.

MPD if it's really really cheap and if you can get around mapping the thing. I had an MPD32 and while it was very good, the mapping was nightmareish with the crappy Vyzex map tool.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Thanks guys for all your input! I think I'm leaning a little bit towards the MPD 24 for now but we'll see. It's gonna be a while until I get the chance to buy it so there's still time for me to make some more research. I'll be using google from now on, but wanted to have a hands on opinion on the matter. Thanks again everybody!
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    apc20 + mapping like a midifighter/x1 = ???
    shit.. I don't know why I didn't read your post before... it definitely seems like an awesome option. Dunno about the buttons though, since they don't look ideal for hot cue juggling although I might be totally wrong. A friend of mine will get his APC 40 in a few more days... I think I'll try it and consider it as a real option.

Thanks again for all the input!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast