Has anyone gotten slack for using a controller and Traktor for sync option? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

this story is so boring...i mean...come on, im sure that everyone who says that ''sync'' is cheating cant even beatmatch!Afterall , if you dont have a clue about whats goin on, not even ''sync'' can help you!
    so YES, i USE sync ALL THE TIME, cause i know HOW to use it,and im not talking just clickin it...
    ive stopped beatmatching...so what, doing so all this years and with the edge of technology , KNOWING how to beatmatch , helps you do OTHER great things!

also im sure all of this guys dont even know how to EQ..so...yeah...''beeeeeeatmatch''' wooooooow....

talk about evolution...yeah...go wash your clothes on hand..

I think next time this thread comes up we should all have a nice little role play and argue against computer aided beat syncing.

Tech Mentor

Personally I reckon it looks alot more "pro" to the audience. and visual appearance is a massive part of DJing, I'd imagine the audience would rather see a DJ who "looks" "pro" than some guy playing with a controller. just my oppinion, and yes i love my controllers and i've never used vinyl.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Guru

So hmmm. Let's see - matching two bpm #'s in Serato, clearly indicated on the screen, along with parallel waveforms in case the bpm is off, grand total time spent beatmatching 10 seconds tops. And Traktor is cheating?

IMHO, if you really feel the need to be "legitimate and professional", don't use a screen at all. That's the only dj who has a reason to say they're working hard on beatmatching.

And for the record, I enjoy Serato and Traktor. Advice when taking heat: keep a smile on your face, and educate people when you can. And rock the house. THAT'S what matters.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Student

Man, if I had a nickel for ever "sync button" thread I've ever seen...I'd have a lot of nickels.

Fact is, the only people who care about what you do when you DJ are other DJs. If you use the sync button, GREAT! It should give you more time to do other, more cerative things with your mixing. At the end of the day, as long as what's coming out of the speakers is mint and the people on the floor are dancing, that's all that matters. Because, in the end, it's all about the music.

I'd rather go see a DJ mashing the sync button all night but has song selection skills and is creative with phrasing, effects, etc than a DJ who can flawlessly beatmatch manually but plays every song out and doesn't have good song flow.

Quote Originally Posted by sesshin View Post
    midi DJs just need to stop whining about this shite and worry about becoming better DJs.
    well put...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I just don't care of what other DJ, promoter, dumbass think. I might have a couple of comments 'bout tuprerware toys, Sync and other stupidities... however, I've never lost a gig because of what I use, I get gig because of my talent... and this since 29 years now... Period.

See my sig...
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    So hmmm. Let's see - matching two bpm #'s in Serato, clearly indicated on the screen, along with parallel waveforms in case the bpm is off, grand total time spent beatmatching 10 seconds tops. And Traktor is cheating?
    wut?

Tech Mentor

I pretty much know where I stand, and I just needed to vent my anger. So at the end of the day I sleep well knowing that facebook has a delete button. By the way my dj name is D3RKIN for those of you who don't know me and this is my website www.wix.com/d3rkin/d3rkin check it out I have my past ustream shows on there along with mixes and a forum called Midi Movement to post mixes, events, and your info for bookings. So feel free to utilize it, and you can follow my promotional crew @ listn.to/discopimpsproductions.
    Thanks for your support....

Tech Mentor

"We use industry standard equipment and like I said, we set it up once and we don't change it the whole night. We don't want to accomodate other hardware/software. When we do smaller venues and have seperate rooms we have no problem allowing DJs who use less-popular software to use the second room because it's less dense and less-likely to have any issues. We've had issues in the past with using DJs' with other software and had issues with dead silence and many other problems that have required the music to stop and time to figure out what's wrong. We choose to not go through that again and require all DJs to use Macbooks and Serato. In the past we've had a DJ come in with a windows PC and had it crash during his live set, can't have that happen again as well. "

got that from a promoter im supposed to dj for Sat

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast