Has anyone gotten slack for using a controller and Traktor for sync option? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Fuck that club.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    wut?
    I'm saying that anyone who believes there's something extra-skilled about matching beats in Serato vs using Traktor sync is kidding themselves. I'm suggesting that any software that gives djs a bpm reading is automated to some degree. There's nothing "more legit" about matching two numbers with a tempo fader, then having nice parallel waveforms to help you keep it in check. Both methods are good, and help you do different things.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Oh I really do agree. Pisses me off that people say that serato doesn't take the work out of beat matching.

hell, cdj's with their bpm readouts are cheating... mixers with their bpm readouts are cheating... mixers with phase meters are cheating

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    hell, cdj's with their bpm readouts are cheating... mixers with their bpm readouts are cheating... mixers with phase meters are cheating
    I used cdjs once in my life.... beatmatched just fine with it due to the bpm readouts and tiny adjustment here and there.

Hell even when the bpm read is wrong, I think they all now have a tap tempo... YEAHHHHHHH not too hard to beatmatch these days.

Also the lack of hotcues... suprised Pioneer doesnt add more now with Rekordbox being the new thing even that's cheating these days in a sense to due to quantized stuff... HELL THEY EVEN MADE A BLOODY CONTROLLER FOR THE MAJOR SOFTWARES!

Technology these days for this kind of stuff makes us need to do 1 less step in something so trivial so we have more time doing something more complicated.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

My issue isn't people syncing or whatever, that's completely fine. My issue with with people who PRETEND to beatmatch and use the visual aids in serato or the phase meter in traktor or whatever. What a load of crap.

My issue isn't people syncing or whatever, that's completely fine. My issue with with people who PRETEND to beatmatch and use the visual aids in serato or the phase meter in traktor or whatever. What a load of crap.
    with you on that

Also the people who say sync isnt liked buy ableton is welcomed..... >.> huh?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

But it's different with ableton, it's not DJing its live production!

But it's different with ableton, it's not DJing its live production!
    Yeah I know... Just lost on that local dj who djs at Club Afterlife here... he uses cdj800 and a djm600 and said they dont book midi djs really and then I showed him the APC40 then he was like "Ill give you ableton" after he asked if I used sync in traktor and then sayi....
    Long story short, he would rather me dj with ableton than traktor because traktor has sync.... fuk that
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Don't suppose anybody has looked at the Novation Twitch recently? Basically no way of beatmatching manually there - you're almost forced to use sync!!

But thats why I love that controller, you can get beatmatching out of the way, then focus on all the other great stuff they give you, like FX, phrasing, and samples..... making the music interesting!!!!! Which is what it's all about!!!
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast