Has anyone gotten slack for using a controller and Traktor for sync option? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    i have a gig at a boutique clothes shop. They want me to use decks, so i take dvs.

I'm very aware when i'm using the dvs that i could be doing this entirely with midi but i do it because, for them, it is the image they want to portray.

It just seems absurd to me that we can drive around in cars, have spell checkers on our word processors, use calculators instead of an abacus, and people still think it's 'cheating' not to automate the dull monotony of manual beatmatching when:

- using dvs, we've already deferred more complicated mechanisms to the computer

- the process by which you line beats up is the least important bit of djing. Manual beatmatching is a skill that anyone can pick up in a month with some turntables. Picking songs and reading crowds is pretty much all djing is about. It is the only thing to seperate you from:
    A) the dj that spent a month learning to beatmatch
    b) the dj that hits a sync button

it is so typical of the human condition to fixate on:
    - the least important thing
    - other people

the only person gonna make you a good dj is yourself. Stop focussing on other people and the least significant details.

Damn it, got sucked in again.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

At the end of the day, haters gonna hate.

If someone can take apart something in a reasoned and rational manner, then they ain't haters.

If haters can't do that, then their hate has an irrational cause. In this case, because they feel threatened.

So basically, if you do stuff and it attracts a load of irrational haters, then you are doing things right.

The great thing about this argument is that although I've provided you all with the beautiful truth, the irrationality of hate means that haters won't accept it... and so it continues.

Cheers,
    l_p
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

lethal pizzle NAILED it

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHiddenDJ View Post
    Hate to shit on everyone's parade but...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/justjump.../0/hZsbiRl4ZnU

You don't need a sync button to use a controller, or preform controllerism techniques.

Sync = cheating nuff said.
    this video proves.... what? that he can perform a 4minute routine without sync due to custom sounds and stuff made at the same bpm? Looked like a dickhead with all the info tags Also I want to see him do that without sync, with loops from other songs he didnt make himself, and still do that ... NO CUSTOM SHIT then come back and gloat about it.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by CamoHiddenDJ View Post
    Hate to shit on everyone's parade but...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/justjump.../0/hZsbiRl4ZnU

You don't need a sync button to use a controller, or preform controllerism techniques.

Sync = cheating nuff said.
    Uh dude. There was no beat matching involved in that routine.

This debate always makes me laugh. What if u memorize the pitch for ur set because u play it so much? what if burn all your songs on cds at 128 bpm. I have done both of these for live sets. Could have I beatmatched the songs on the spot? sure, but thats one more thing i gotta worry about. I think the biggest gripe people have are kids getting into "DJ"ing without knowing what they are doing, getting themselves traktor and a controller, and start spinning knobs to their latest skrillex song.For me,it is that this stereotype is so abundant when you go out to a club/rave usually the guy mixing will just be terrible.

If you are someone who genuinely loves music and work to master your craft of smooth seemless mixing and are always on the hunt for the latest greatest undiscovered track, and then you hear some lame ass on the decks playing some outplayed dubstepz and whose "mixing" is just trying to get from one PHILTHY DROP to the next then you cant help but feel animosity. Its not the sync, its the lack of respect for the craft that CAN be brought with it. Syncing lets you ultimately pseudo-mix without ever learning how to mix. The results are apparent, which lead to sync's hate as it is sync assisted. Hope this puts things into perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I could teach my gran to beatmatch in a month. She's 95 and half-deaf.
    I think i heard her play a gig in town 3 weeks ago!! I wish they'd had a sync button!! Bad music, Bad mixing!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    I think i heard her play a gig in town 3 weeks ago!! I wish they'd had a sync button!! Bad music, Bad mixing!!
    She only plays punishing hard house
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

was definitely her then!!!

Dont they call it hard dance now though? same shit, different name!!!

(everyones tried their hand at hard house though havent they!!!???)
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I'm not even sure what hard house is.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast