Has anyone gotten slack for using a controller and Traktor for sync option?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Has anyone gotten slack for using a controller and Traktor for sync option?

I had posted a video yesterday on facebook of b33son and received tons of hate for the post. People are so living in the past, check out the comments on this post.
    http://www.facebook.com/discopimps/p...33851220024492
    Last edited by djkevind; 05-25-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: misspelled

Tech Mentor

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has same issues.

Tech Mentor

I have live in Chicago and have been a dj for over 15 yrs, I started using traktor with a vci 100 3 yrs ago. I do admit before the 1.4 firmware I used the dvs more. In Chicago there is a misconception about traktor in general, most people here think that if you use Traktor dvs or with a controller that both have sync options. They state that they would never use traktor but would use serato because it is not cheating. Some people here state they would only use vinyl, I think they are all living in the past and will be left behind, because they don't press much vinyl anymore. I have nothing to prove but just get sick of dealing with people that make you feel like you need to state to them that you started out on vinyl. This is my experience I was just wondering if it is like this every where or just here in Chicago...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Haters gonna hate, nothing you can do about it. Keep doing what you do and slowly the haters will die out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Let 'em hate! I use sync all the time and I can beatmatch in my sleep.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

This topic is getting so oooooold.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

Doesn't surprise me...that's Chicago for you. Don't worry about them. Anyone who doesn't respect the craft of DJing for what it is is a tool. You're just trying to do your thing, haters gonna hate.

I was DJing at a club a few weeks ago and this guy was dogging me for using Traktor and a controller. Of course he was a Serato user. So I dogged him for not carrying around his records anymore. He tells me I'm taking the easy way out...isn't he for switching to digital? He just happened to be controlling his computer with something else and beatmatching. I also uncovered that he doesn't pay for any of his music. Who's the bigger shyster--the DJ who pays for his tunes and uses sync or the DJ who rips off the artists regardless of his rig? Not that it applies to your situation, but it goes to show that anyone willing to talk shit about sync is probably an all-around douche.

Ask 'em why they don't have a gig that night, if they're so much better than you.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by djkevind View Post
    They state that they would never use traktor but would use serato because it is not cheating..
    And yet you can sync in serato using the visual aids. Such a load of rubbish.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    And yet you can sync in serato using the visual aids. Such a load of rubbish.
    And they keep asking why Traktor doesn't have parallel waveforms, such a vital function to them... but hey! not syncing...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast