Music production forum?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Music production forum?

Hey guys,
    Just floating the idea of a music production specific forum on DJTT.
    Ive noticed a lot of the users on here dabble in producing their own music as have I for the last 6 months been teaching myself Ableton Live.
    This could be a place to ask Production tips and to post links of stuff you have made and want some good constructive feedback on...
    So..do you guys think the DJTT community would benefit from a Production Specific Forum? if so how many of you would use it? And do you Think Ean would go for it?

Tech Mentor

yep, most definitely. KVR audio is where I get my main fix at the moment, but would be keen to have a production based forum that is specific to dj/dance music.

I am starting to produce electro house, so I would be keen on getting some advice.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

ive just started production so i'd appreciate it. it would be good to have a specific place to get ideas and info from
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

Definitely a good idea. A place to share tips/tricks would be awesome.

Tech Wizard

Good to see some feedback already...lets hope the bigwigs over at the DJTT command center catch on

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There are hundreds of forums for production and the whatnot. I know Bent0 is trying to keep this forum as lean as possible right now so we don't get crazy with the forum amounts right now.

I lived on Tweakheadz when I started learning about DJing and production. Greatest site I've ever seen
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    There are hundreds of forums for production and the whatnot. I know Bent0 is trying to keep this forum as lean as possible right now so we don't get crazy with the forum amounts right now.

I lived on Tweakheadz when I started learning about DJing and production. Greatest site I've ever seen
    On the same token i dont want to just kick out anyone who wants to talk about production and ship them off elsewhere - with the relationships between production and djing becomming so close now i think its healthy for the community to talk about them both.

For the moment feel free to talk about production in the general forum, if its demonstrated that we could use a production forum than we can make later down the track.

So i am not saying that we wont have one, just not now - dont let this discourage you from talking studio talk though

I'm taking a full time course in sound engineering next year so I would love a place here where I could start the learning and bounce some ideas.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

damnit Bent0, I think I have you ddown and know what you want and then you throw this at me.

we totally need to have, like, a guide or something.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    damnit Bent0, I think I have you ddown and know what you want and then you throw this at me.

we totally need to have, like, a guide or something.
    the official djtt guide to bento?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast