M4 or DN-X100

Thread: M4 or DN-X100

Tech Convert

Default M4 or DN-X100

Hey guys, I've been djing for a bit now, using a Mixtrack Pro, and an X1. I've decided to scrap the MTP and get a mixer, sound card, and a Midi Fighter.

The Mixers I have narrowed it down to are the Numark M4 and the Denon DN-X100.

I like the appeal of the M4 being a 3 channel mixer just in case there are hardware or software issues i can plug in an ipod, or something, if there were shitty circumstances.

What i am unclear of is, how this would work with the NI Audio 2 sound card, since most of the time I will only be running 2 channels, and not using external decks or turntables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both outputs of your Audio 2 connect to the mixer (see below). You just plug your headphones to the mixer, and your good to go. However, you need two USB ports, one for the Audio 2 and the other for the X1.

15" MBP - NI Audio 2 - Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2 - Panasonic RP-DJ300

Tech Guru

^ nice.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Hey man,

I have the denon x120, which is pretty much the same model mixer.

I have dropped mine twice and it still works.

You can use the mircophone input for the ipod, thats what I was doing when I used it.

I have been in situations where I used my x120 over a djm800.

That being said, the Eq may have a flavor that may be something to desire, but I really enjoyed it.

Its also really cheap and when I did a search back last year whenever it was I narrow down to the x120 over 3 or 4 others.

I also went down a similar route as your are on now.

I purchased 2 midi fighers one for each deck. If your going down that road I think you should move up to a midi fighter pro, or choose Another controller like maybe the kontrol X1. I recommend the X1 because when I first used it I was blown away by how easily it could control 2 decks.

I think that one midi fighter on 2 decks will end up a bit sticky when your actually using it as primary deck control.

Of course, you gotta find out for yourself. Maybe you have something planned.

For one midi fighter I thought it would be cool just to have your very basic controls mapped onto one,8 buttons for deck A 8 buttons for deck B.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Convert

yeah cool, after i posted this, i watched the video on the ni website and was like 'ohh great!' haha.

ryan, i have an x1 and i completely agree, its fucking brilliant, i the plan is to get 2 midi fighters deck focused and use the x1 intermittently as needed.

Tech Convert

thanks for all the advice guys!