OT: moving to europe from canada
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OT: moving to europe from canada

Hey,

Just having a convo with the lady about moving to europe next year when we are done school.

Shell have her masters in sociology studying economy and ill be a massage therpaist/ reiki practitioner.

If I move to europe I really want to movve to a place with a music scene that currently only exists in my imagination. Somewhere that I could get a couple gigs out now and again or always be out on the go with people around.

I'm confident that ill find work whereever I go so if you where going to move to a place in europe that is affordable and has a great music/social scene let me know where it is.

Peace
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Convert

I would go with Berlin, insane club/art/fashionscene, cheap apartments, food is cheap, beer out on a club is normally around 3-4usd, nice weather. And last but not least, it's in the middle in whole of Europe witch means you guys can go by train to nearly everywhere.

Use craigslist.org for apt search, it's a lot of english speaking ppl living there.

Hope it helped a bit // Marcus.

+1 Berlin
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

I can only advise you NOT to move to Poland

Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Cologne, Antwerp, London

Those would be my picks. Berlin is great, but hard to find jobs I think...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Haaxgaard View Post
    I would go with Berlin, insane club/art/fashionscene, cheap apartments, food is cheap, beer out on a club is normally around 3-4usd, nice weather. And last but not least, it's in the middle in whole of Europe witch means you guys can go by train to nearly everywhere.

Use craigslist.org for apt search, it's a lot of english speaking ppl living there.

Hope it helped a bit // Marcus.
    i'd say berlin too. i've had a few mates move there over the last 4-5 years (but they're all back here in Aus now) and they all rave about it. they all said that english is pretty much an equal first language there, and they said exactly the same as you re apartments, food etc.

it's somewhere i'd definitely consider moving to if i were to move to europe for a while.

slough, uk... beautiful place

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Berlin is great, but might be a little too much for some. Great nightlife, but 9/12 months are super depressing, weather wise.
    I'm moving to copenhagen after the summer to do my masters in design. Gonna be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysgaard View Post
    Berlin is great, but might be a little too much for some. Great nightlife, but 9/12 months are super depressing, weather wise.
    I'm moving to copenhagen after the summer to do my masters in design. Gonna be a blast.
    thats just like Canada anyway, so he should feel right at home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast