MacBook choices

Thread: MacBook choices

Default MacBook choices

Just wondering if I could get everyone's opinion on this.

I am concidering buying a MacBook in the future to replace my PC, but I'm not sure what size to get.

I currently love having my 17" screen, as I can have my two decks + two sample decks all nice and lit up, with pleanty of space for the browser too. Therefore I am inclined to go for the biggest possible screen.

However I am planning to use the MacBook with a Crane stand, and from what I have seen, there is very little real estate on the tray they give you.

So, is it possible to use a 17" Mac with the Crane Stand? Or will I have to downgrade to a 15" or even (shudder) a 13"?

Thanks

From what I can make out you can go up to 17"

So you should be fine.

http://www.djkit.com/crane-stand/the...yer-44cm-.html

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Personally, i think the 17" is not portable anymore, the 15" hits the spot for me

Tech Mentor

I currently use the 13" MBP, but in the past I have use a 15" MBP and I still prefer the 13".

I have a friend who use the 17" MBP and I have screen close on it own due the weight and the angle on how the the laptop is set up. Besides you need way more room than a 13" or a 15".
    MBP i5 13", NI Z2, 2x NI X1, 2x NI F1s, NI Audio 8, A&H K2, Rane 2016, 2x 1210MK2e, 2x CDJ-400s, RMX-1000, NI S8, MBA 11"