Behringer DDM4000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Behringer DDM4000

Hi

What are your thoughts on this mixer? I have a Pioneer DJM400 now and was curious if this would be an upgrade. Does anyone use this now?

Thank you

Well, I still have high hopes for this one, even though I am told it should be regarded as not being up to Pioneer standards?

Not too sure, still want to try one for myself.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Default yeww

yeah looks real sick from youtube vids i've seen, and just under $600 here in australia

Tech Wizard

i have the DDM 4000.

How are you looking at using it if to upgrade? just all audio channels? both audio and midi or all midi?
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Guru

does it have channel filters?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AndySpence View Post
    i have the DDM 4000.

How are you looking at using it if to upgrade? just all audio channels? both audio and midi or all midi?
    I want to use both midi and audio. I like what I have read and seen online just not sure about the quality. Headphone jack is placed in a weird spot but I can live with that if the mixer is good quality.

your recommendations are helpful. thank you.

I got one and I can say the audio is ok but the best is the midi part as u could just live one channel of the mixer as audio and the rest of it as just midi controller, awsome!

Tech Wizard

Get One Now There Amazing If Your On A Budget Or Just Not Prepared To Pay Fro Pioneer Products Like Me.

The Only Bad This For Me Is The Channel Level Metres They Were Better On The Djx700 But Still Usable.

Tech Wizard

Great mixer for the price...Had mine since Nov and its been working just fine. Love the integrated Midi for FXs and such.

Tech Wizard

I have a Behringer DDM-4000 since july 2008 and have used it with a pair of Pioneer CDJ-400 for almost 5 months.

The mixer is pretty well built.

The positioning of the headphone jack was never an issue (although I thought it would be).

The sound quality is ok for a home system, I couldn't notice any difference between Behringer DDM 4000, Pioneer DJM 400 and Allen & Heath Xone 3D. However, when I play in clubs that have a goos sound system the difference of sound quality becomes noticeable, with Xone 3D having the best sound from the three above.

The effect blocks are good, I liked the fact that you can use 2 effects at the same time (this was not an option on Pioneer mixers).

Regarding the fader curves, I liked more the Pioneer ones.

Also I liked the fact that the mixer had a balanced output for a subwoofer, and an integrated crossover and i was able to choose the cutoff frequency and the gain for the subwoofer.

Overall, it is has a very good quality/price ratio. If you will use it for home use or small parties i definitely recommend it. If you will use it on big sound systems, you may want to think about a Pioneer, Allen & Heath, Rane or another mixer that has better sound quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast