travelling, gigging abroad - STORY TIME

Default travelling, gigging abroad - STORY TIME

I've read people's stories, well... plans to DJ in other countries while travelling around. I will be abroad the coming month and will take my X1s with me (which i have mapped to the point of being my entire set up, if i need it to be).
    How do you travelling DJs get gigs so easily, and where at? for pay, or for shits and giggles? I would love to hear stories and advice about this sort of thing

my guess is word of mouth through friends that have done it or know people abroad, facebook and soundcloud networking etc.. maybe even contact some clubs, bars & promo companies in advance and see whats on offer.

curiosity bump

Book resident DJs of clubs in the country you want to play in to come and DJ with you somewhere in your town. Sleep on floors, share expenses etc, of course, but they'l feel duty-bound to return the favour and get you at least a warm-up where they play.

Used to work for us in the early days, ended up playing a headliner set at Privilege in Ibiza, which at the time was the biggest club in the world, using pretty much this tactic
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook