Whats the biggest mistake you have ever made DJing Live ?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Whats the biggest mistake you have ever made DJing Live ?

Just wondering what hiccups people have had whilst playing live. No matter what its inevitable people make mistakes.

Last night I was mixing a track in and accidentally pressed 'cue' on the wrong deck.

Somehow i managed to get it all flowing again. I guess all you can do is laugh it off Nobody seemed to notice too much, just had to mix it out really fast before people realised it was the same song haha

Anybody else done anything ridiculous ?

Tech Guru

This I used to do a lot of times hehehe
    When you use two korg nanos and a maudio oxygen 25keys all three without labels sometimes get difficult to hit the right button :P

Vinyl days... I've pulled the wrong record off the deck that's playing.

EPIC FAIL!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

left the crossfader all the way to deck B after a quick cut. was mixing in headphones, brought in track A, did not move crossfader back. mixed out of B back to A with volume fader, and proceeded to dance to silence in front of the bar for a good 30 seconds or so before realizing something was amiss.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    left the crossfader all the way to deck B after a quick cut. was mixing in headphones, brought in track A, did not move crossfader back. mixed out of B back to A with volume fader, and proceeded to dance to silence in front of the bar for a good 30 seconds or so before realizing something was amiss.
    +1...did this exact thign at my first club gig.

Apart from that i guess the biggest mistake would have been to play dubstep? jk jk

DJing under the influence my first time was a mistake.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

+1... it's the small mistakes like this that snowball into big ones. Accidentally nudging the crossfader over and then desperately troubleshooting wires when you bring up the volume fader, see levels on the LEDs but get no sound - then realising it was the crossfader
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    done this when recording a mix halfway through then then relized after 30mins of audio there was 30min of silence XD

Also playing for some friends I accidentally hit play again and stopped the track and loaded a song into the wrong deck *fixed this one by loading into empty*

Also recorded a whole mix of silence due to recording being set to external mode
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    +1...did this exact thign at my first club gig.

Apart from that i guess the biggest mistake would have been to play dubstep? jk jk

DJing under the influence my first time was a mistake.
    Yeah, agree with that one - I used to be awful for it LOL. Grown up a bit now thankfully...
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Also playing for some friends I accidentally hit play again and stopped the track and loaded a song into the wrong deck *fixed this one by loading into empty*
    Haha done the exact same thing!

I once played a festival in Thailand... was about 40C and I was dj'ing outside... my laptop started to get really hot and it suddenly blue screened on me. Luckily I had a mix cd prepared in the CDJ - hit play and no one really noticed. The big fuck up was when my laptop finally restarted and I fired up Traktor again... I didn't properly turn the CDJ's volume down so you could still hear part of the cd playing whilst I was dj'ing.

I didn't notice for ages as I was playing at a festival and there were a few other sound systems nearby. It just sounded like other tunes being played in the distance (because it was quieter, off beat and out of time). I must have played for about 20 minutes like this, noticing the crowd getting less and less into it. Wasn't until the promoter came along and told me to sort it out that I noticed my mistake.

still cringe hard at that one lol

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast