Breaks Set

Thread: Breaks Set

Default Breaks Set

This is my first breaks set. Hope you enjoy it.
    It is a little bit older, but just found out that this can be posted here
    Please comment

http://soundcloud.com/unknown-creature/breaks

I like breaks - I'd give it a listen if there was a tracklist...

Updated Soundcloud with Tracklist

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix while driving to Subway sandwich shop, eating my Subway sub in the car, and then in my headphones while shopping at Trader Joes. It was a good soundtrack to these activities. Here is my feedback.

- Tracklisting and duration in DJTT forum post and proper forum soundcloud embed = moar plays and moar feedback.

- In general your levels were quite good. I didn't hear any mixes which were "off" in terms of phasing, and your phrasing was similarly quite solid.

- I liked many of the tracks you played, and didn't like others ("housey breaky trance" style breaks is not my favorite..) but this likely means you played a good variety of styles of "breaks". I thought your mix had a definite mood at the start, but I'm not sure it kept that mood throughout. As much as the remix of "show me love" heated up the subwoofer in the car, I'm not sure what it has to do with the dystopian world of the first few tracks. Lol?

- Wow, I didn't realize it was two hours long. I think I listened to.. about an hour and forty-five minutes of it. I was considering keeping it around, but I am pretty sure the only time I would even want a 2 hour long breaks mix is when I didn't know it was 2 hours long. While I appreciate that it is not a 15 minute long mix, I prefer that mixes be no longer than an hour. Just my personal preference, fwiw.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt