Recording (and being able to edit) mix actions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Recording (and being able to edit) mix actions

Hi guys....I have an old copy of Traktor 3 on my mac that enables you to record your actions in order to put together a dj mix...so if you make a mistake you can go back and correct it. Unfortunately the bloody thing crashes all the time (it isnt compatible with newer macs)... so question: which DJ mix programme (for the Mac) enables you to do this... if there are a few about which is best? I know Ableton Live enables you to do this, but I find it a bit cumbersome to use personally...any others out there? cheers

Tech Mentor

I've heard Mixmeister is pretty popular and easy to use for non-live mixes
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

I know Ableton Live enables you to do this, but I find it a bit cumbersome to use personally...any others out there? cheers
    No.

You need to practice more.

Tech Student

Fair enough...so does anyone else have a view - should i try and stick with ableton live?

Isn't that what the bridge's mixtape does with their certified mixer? Damn expensive though.

If I really wanted to do this I'd just mix while recording until I screwed up at which point I restart the recording and start mixing from the previous track and then at the end just stick all the chunks of mix together in audacity.

Scheatin tho bro.

Mixmeister is the thing to use for non-live mixes, but you can't use it very well live. I don't know of any "live" DJ software that les you record your actions, though I wonder if there might be some way to record the midi - after all the sequencers of the old MS-DOS days were really just midi record and playback programs.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Mentor

As mentioned, Ableton does just that but it's not the easiest program to learn.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Why on earth was this function dropped in Traktor Pro?

It was a seriously handy feature !

Loads of crap was dropped between traktor 3 and traktor pro.

Tech Student

yeah big shame it was dropped....which versions of mixmeister have this function?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast