Pitch analyzer!?!?!

Default Pitch analyzer!?!?!

Hey guys!

I really need a program which tells me the pitch of a track! It would come in really handy for improvising live! I remember a program an old freind used to use. I'm pretty dure it was a free program but i can't remember the name of it! If anybody can tell me what the program is it would be great!
    All i can remember from it is that it sorted track by putting them into different colour circles or something? Like blue is G# and red is some other note etc.... also i think it 'MIGHT' analyze the bpm aswell (Not so fussed about the bpm though to be honest!) Anyway if you know what the program is please please please tell me!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Chris!

Tech Convert

http://www.mixedinkey.com/

I believe that's what you're thinking of. It's great for organizing all of your tracks to mix harmonically.

On a slightly off topic note, I think it's a great skill for a DJ to develop an ear for key signatures. I started off as a piano player so I figure out a tracks key by myself, it's awesome to hear a melody that matches well with another track harmonically and makes for a bunch more mixing opportunities.

Oh thank you so much! This is exactly what i was talking about with the whole coloured 'camelot wheel'. And yeah, i completely agree with learning the key by ear. I have been so far but it has ment that i have had to practise mixes before i do sets at parties. The only problem i have had is trying to improvise live, i can recognise if a song matches key or not, but it means having to go through alot of my track collection to find the right track, sometimes by the time i find a perfect match the track has finnished! So yeah this program will be great being able to categorise so i can see straight away there and then!
    Thanks a load!
    Chris.

keep in mind software isnt as accurate as doing it yourself... use it as a tool, but i wouldnt count on it to make a perfectly harmonic set.

for more on the topic do a search on the forum and main blog for 'harmonic mixing'

Tech Convert

No problem, I totally agree. it's really awesome to have all of the key codes in the comments section of your playlist. It's also cool that it gives you a key code where you can mix + or - one number. (you can mix 6A to 5A or 7A)