KRK Rokit 8's for 200?
    Tech Guru

Default KRK Rokit 8's for 200?

Found them at guitar center today on in store deals...

Anyways, to start off, I have read through all the monitor discussion threads on this site and elsewhere...so don't point me there.

The main question is, I wanted yamaha HS80m or mackie mr8mk2 but is the ~20% savings on these worth the sound quality (to my ears) that the KRKs are lacking?

Advice please, thanks

IMHO, if you notice the sound quality difference now, then you will regret it later, and always question your mix. I'd go with the other choices when possible instead of saving now.

Tech Guru

True true...its just that I just moved and have no speakers at the moment

Can't mix at all and working in ableton is tough with my hd25-ii's

Maybe I will see what their return policy is and see if after a few days I am satisfied.

keep in mind I have never owned a pair of proper monitors.

i really like the sound of the krk 8s. i am not a producer nor an audiophile, i just really enjoy clean warm sound!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

On paper it seems theres better,saying that I know 2 people have them and love them.I've used their studios to mix down tracks and been happy with the result.
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Mentor

just to warn you, they are loud as fuck and will make you feel cozy inside your belly. If your room is smaller than ~20 square yard, you will suffocate in the sound .

At least i did while i had them, my neighbors complained and i had to size down .

They are perfect for djing. But you mentioned producing, so you may prefer a flat and analytical sound. if that is the case, don't go for the rokit's.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Guru

Heres the roundup, went to guitar center and they were all out of stock, basically picked up the m-audio bx8a for now...the guy said just take em and try them in my room.

I never realized how loud these things are but they push good quality even at low volumes.

I may end up going with KRKs just because I don't know if I can handle the yamahas for long periods...I don't have a set of speakers for just casual listening.

As many on this forum has said...its not really about the flattest speaker when mixing because of the different scenarios the song will be played in. I am planning on just experimenting and learn where I need to adjust my mix no matter what speakers I buy.