numark mixtrack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: numark mixtrack

Default numark mixtrack

Ok, so I gotta finally make up my mind. I would say I'm a middle range DJ, so I'm good but im still progressing. I currently use a Numark Mixdeck but I've grown tired of it being the length of a football field.

I have my eyes set on a Numark Mixtrack. It's cheap, only 150$ and it has EQ kills which are a nice change to twisting off my fingers. My only issue is: how would i use headphones? I'm used to having a headphone jack on my Mixdeck. So would i need two soundcards? Or would one do?

The Mixtrack is like a baby Mixdeck, which is appealing. I use my Kontrol X1 for most of everything, my FX and Cue points. So I wouldnt be touching the Mixtrack too much. Mainly only for the cueing and track loading.

Another thought in my mind is that in 4 months I'll be 18. I already have two small gigs lined up and ill be trying my ass off to get into clubs for mixing so I need something that will last.

Any suggestions for around the same price would be loved.
    An answer to my headphone questions would be even better.

Edit: So I think I got my headphones question answered. Except that I had previously tried it with an Audio 2 DJ soundcard and it kept acting glitchy. It would switch the channels randomly (exchanging headphone out with speaker out). So an answer to this problem would be amazing.
    Last edited by ranzerox; 05-29-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

>.> oh noes... People probably would already know what I would suggest as a controller but the audio output sounds like driver issues.

oh and *coughapc40cough*
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

That's 100 more and 200 more cause I gotta get a soundcard. And I don't ableton. And imma try the audio 2 again I suppose
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck

and im a bit worried about the latency between the audio 2 and the mixdeck... currently i get 5 ms. would i be that lucky using this new setup?

What about the vci-100 ? It's a nice price of kit and its only 400 or so dollars and u can pick em up even cheaper on ebay.

yeah but then itd be 500 ish dollars with a soundcard. i dont want to spend so much on something i wouldnt use very often. like i said, only for the occasional cueing using jog wheels and for loading up tracks. ill be buying a midifighter in a few months. if i were to get the vci id spend all my money buying djtt aftermarket stuff. and if im gonna do that i might as well buy one of those 25 remaining djtt vci's. id rather stick with a cheap unflattering controller until i can push it out of my setup completely.

honestly i really wanna know if theres a huge reason i shouldnt buy this mixtrack. ive already looked at the typhoon and such. and ill be selling my mixdeck for 475$ so thatd give me enough to buy the mixtrack and the audio card, test it out. and then upgrade if i need too.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    That's 100 more and 200 more cause I gotta get a soundcard. And I don't ableton. And imma try the audio 2 again I suppose
    pssst i dont use ableton with mine either
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

well arent you a sly devil >.> butttttt it still is more with the soundcard and it doesnt have jogwheels.. and theres so many buttons... id die

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    well arent you a sly devil >.> butttttt it still is more with the soundcard and it doesnt have jogwheels.. and theres so many buttons... id die
    Well with padi's mapping for it it actually uber straight forward layout and extremely easy to use .... till you forget that you are on deck a and not c... >.>
    also I dont see what the big deal is with butt ugly jogwheels that take up space that can be utilized for better stuff
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

well ive been accustomed to them.. im slowly weaning myself off of them. theres also the gemini ctrlone. anyone know anything bout that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast