Just won a pair of Vestax PDX-2000 decks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just won a pair of Vestax PDX-2000 decks

On ebay, eventually got them for £165 for the pair off Aiman on here. Just waiting for him to send me his address so i can go and pick them up. I know they aint technics and people will say that but ive read enough good reviews on them to warrant me get them for my 1st proper pair of turntables to learn on. i wont use them that much probably lol unless i become the new shiftee haha... so thats why i didnt want to spend £400 + on technics...
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

very wise choice. i've used the 2000s before and they are not shabby in the least. Though one of the plates seemed a bit wobbly on one of the units.

just got em home now, have to say had a little play on em and i like em, not had much experiance with vinyl so i have nothing to go off, so i cant say i prefer them to technics or anything, will have to get prcticing on them now
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Damn that was quick!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yeah man, i dont fuck around once ive won something haha... was like a 45 minute drive there, th guy Aiman was cool, he still had em set u so i could see them working before he put them in the coffin for me to take home will have a proper play on them tomorrow but im well looking forward to gettin to grips with playing on vinyl, ive done cdj's i can use my controller now for vinyl, thing is ive done it all backwards haha...learning vinyl last

Killer decks....STRONG LIKE OX!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I actually just played on vestax's for the first time this weekend. The extra torque is nice, and i feel like they actually held mixes longer that my techs, once you got it locked.

But man, the pitch slider in those things is kinda wonky, and it took some getting used to. It seemed too sensitive or something, and having close to no resistance made things feel weird.

I could see those decks being outstanding for scratching and juggling though.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I could see those decks being outstanding for scratching and juggling though.
    more the style vestax used to cater to...

look at them now... http://www.decks.co.uk/products/decks/vestax

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

well i have nothing to campare them too other than some shitty numark belt driven pieces of shit so i guess it will just be normal too me lol.....and if i ever use technics i will think they are weird haha

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    well i have nothing to campare them too other than some shitty numark belt driven pieces of shit so i guess it will just be normal too me lol.....and if i ever use technics i will think they are weird haha
    Yeah i wasn't saying they are bad, just feel different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast