All-in-one's with external mixers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default All-in-one's with external mixers

Looking at changing my setup to something akin to the S4, Pioneer ddj-t1, or denon mc6000. However, I am adamant about having something that doesn't use traktor's internal mixer; where looping, transport, etc are controlled via software, but full sounds signals then come to an integrated, but physical mixer which does the eq, crossfading, volume sliders, etc.

I couldn't find enough useful information about each of these controllers. Can anyone offer some help?

Well, the DN-MC6000 IS an actual physical mixer, and could accommodated what you describe...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Also the NS6 which is coming out is standalone. But i'd stick with the MC6000. I'm going to get my hands on one of those sooner or later :/
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

Xone DX is a mixer too.

NS6 is a 4 channel mixer as well

nvm I has been beaten
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Convert

So if I use the NS6 or MC6000, I'm still using the external mixer even when taking sound from traktor as opposed to a CD player, turntable or whatever?

Theres an option in Traktor where you choose internal/external mixing.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Tech Guru

I would do a iPAD with a external interface with 8 outs + mixer 4 channels.
    If you lack space for your touch commands, just buy another one
    I think you can find an used ipad1 16gb without 3g very cheap right now
    This will be exactly my setup

Tech Mentor

Xone 4D

the xone dx is not a mixer, it's a midi controller with an integrated audio interface. when used with traktor or itch, the mixing is happening in the software - even for external sources. you have one stereo channel for the master, the other for the headphone cue bus. aux outs for what ever else you want, but not the 4 direct deck outputs and mixing section as the OP requested.

the denon mc6000 is also not going to give you external mixing for traktor. it's audio interface is 2 stereo channels, one for the master, the other for the cue bus. similar to the dx in that respect. it's different in that it has an analogue mix option, but it's for external sources, not the usb interface.

the xone 4D is a proper mixer with an integrated audio interface and midi control. it's totally brilliant and offers a best of both worlds solution for external mixing of 4 decks, and total control over traktor. i've got detailed midi maps and a user guide for it on my site.

a xone DB4 is another solution that provides effective midi control, and external mixing. i've retired my 4D since the DB4 arrived. midi maps for that on my site as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast