Combining multiple TSI-files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Combining multiple TSI-files

Short question: Is there a way to combine several TSI-files, so that you can actually save different mappings to different files? I made the mistake of thinking Traktor would simply import the files rather than clearing the midi-mappings and ONLY loading the files and now I can use any ONE of my three controllers :-/
    I mix stuff on my things...

A guy at the NI forums posted an instruction for this. I haven't looked at his pdf, but maybe it helps.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=78940

Please give feedback if it worked for you.

The makers of the Traktor Bible promise a TSI combining tool shortly.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Hopefully as a web-application, since I'm on OS X
    First test didn't go too well, perhaps something with the format of the file.
    Will report back if I figure it out.

EDIT: User error, typed in a " too much. Seems to work right now, I'd still rather have something of a load-file where I can simply enter the tsi's I want to use. Time for some complaining at NI
    Last edited by Tigris; 02-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.
    I mix stuff on my things...

I emailed Ean on this. I made a simple how-to with the steps needed to merge TSI files. Its a pretty simple task. I can send it over if anyone needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    The makers of the Traktor Bible promise a TSI combining tool shortly.
    Thats wicked news ! thanks for the heads up

Tech Wizard

McRossi.. maybe just post the steps in this thread... or attach a file with the details.
    thanks.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Here is the PDF from NI's forums.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Sorry for the delay. I was a little overloaded at work.
    Here are the simple steps to do this.

How to Merge Traktor Pro TSI Midi Mappings
    by Mark Rossi

I would like to use my VCI-100 SE with the RemoteSL 25 and Traktor Pro. I have endured the process of mapping the settings I want for the SL25 and am going to use the DJTT settings for the VCI SE. The problem is, if I import the DJTT SE settings, they overwrite my SL25 settings. The problem here is that there is no merge function built in to Traktor.
    I have come up with a solution to address the lack of this feature that involves a TextEdit for MACs and Notepad for PCs and a few simple steps.

1. First build your midi mappings for one device (in my case it will be for the Remote SL25). Make sure there are no other mappings pre-existing before you configure them. You should add a label to the comments section of each mapping that identifies the piece of hardware you are configuring it for. For example I typed in SL25 for all of my SL25 mappings, when you sort on the comments section, it groups them all together and will help to distinguish between controllers when your mappings are finally merged.

2. After you are satisfied with the mapping, test it to make sure all functions work. Now Export the midi mappings (make sure that midi mapping is the only object with a check in the box.)

3. Repeat these steps for additional hardware if needed. Each piece of hardware should have its own TSI file. This will make it easier to make changes down the road.

4. You need to make backup copies of your TSI files. (If you put in hours of editing, it would suck to lose all your work by overwriting the wrong file).

5. Open both TSI files that you would like to merge using TextEdit for the MAC or Notepad for the PC. In my case it is the file containing the midi mappings for the SL25 and the DJTT SE TSI. Also determine which file will contain the final TSI that you will be importing back into Traktor. In my case it will be the DJTT TSI because it contains additional configurations for the FX and interface. This will be the file we copy into.

6. Start with the TSI file we will be copying from (this will most likely be the TSI you created earlier, in my case, the SL25.) The TSI files are grouped into sections. The section we must locate starts with...
    <Entry Name="Accessor.Midi" Type="7"
    Value="
    All the midi mappings will be contained between this entry and will end with...
    ">

7. What you will need to copy will be in between the quote marks "". Copy all the data between these quote marks (do not copy the quote marks themselves).

8. Now bring up the destination file (in my case the DJTT TSI.) Find that same section listed in step 6, go to the end of the mappings just before the last quote mark. Put a space after the last entry there (before the quote mark) and past the text you copied in step 7.

9. Save the file with a new name so you can identify what pieces of hardware are configured within it.

8. Import into Traktor Pro. Make sure all of your midi mappings have imported. If you sort on the comments section, you will see all of your custom mappings grouped together to make sure nothing is missing.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the walkthough McRossi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast