Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Duo at the same time?

Default Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Duo at the same time?

Well not quite. Posting this for a friend, because we were trying to get things set up correctly earlier, and it's being frustrating.

So my buddy has the SCS3 system, which he uses with Traktor Pro on his Windows laptop. He also owns a license for Traktor Scratch Duo, and uses the Audio 4 interface.

He has tables that he used for a long while with Torq before making the switch to Traktor last year. He got Traktor Scratch Duo for Christmas in 09 I believe, but never really got around to setting it up. He wanted something more portable, and picked up the SCS to go alongside that need. For whatever reason he couldn't get the SCS working with Duo, and so he just bought Traktor Pro, and uses the Audio 4 as his audio interface.

Now he's running into the issue that he wants to run his TT's with Traktor, and since he has Traktor Pro on his computer, he can't install Traktor Scratch Duo.

Is there something he needs to do, or is he just shit out of luck? He said that Traktor Pro was the "dominant" program when he was installing, and so he'd have to uninstall so he could install and use Duo, and then the opposite when he wanted to go back to using the controller.

I told him it sounded messed up, and I'd see what I could figure out for him.

Anyone have any suggestions I can make to him?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Dualboot? Not the most elegant solution, but maybe as a last resort if there's no other way.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I think dual is the only way, SC would only take one license at a time, unless he upgrades one of the licenses and sells the other.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a $79 upgrade option from Scratch Duo to Scratch Pro. That said it sounds weird that you can't have the two installed at the same time.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah I'm going to suggest the dual boot to him, but it might be a hassle he's not willing to deal with. I do find it odd that you can't have both.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter