T Pro Beatgrids?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default T Pro Beatgrids?

I read the manual, but still seem to be missing how to efficiently set a proper beatgrid in Traktor Pro.

My question is, when traktor gets the bpm wrong and requires manual adjustment, how do you quickly set the track's correct bpm without having to hold down the bpm increase/decrease buttons for 10 minutes while it slowly adjusts?

Is there a setting in preferences where you can change the rate that the bpm increase/decrease buttons adjust the beatgrid? It's way too slow and overly-precise when you have to adjust the BPM by anything more than 1-2 beats.

I think it's been established that the "tap" button is pretty much useless in T Pro, at least in my experience.

Maybe I'm overlooking something basic.

Tech Mentor

Hold down the right mouse button when using the BPM Adjust buttons. That should speed it up.

I'm not so sure that the Tap button is useless. I use it quite a bit to correct a given track's BPM and then I use hotkeys that I have mapped per Ean's beatgridding tutorial to fine-tune. My early mistake was tapping on the upbeats (snare) only at first and then it dawned upon me I need to be tapping on each quarter note for one bar/measure.

damn i feel pretty noobie, guess most of my problem is not being used to the macbook trackpad.

thanks empolo, ctrl+click saves the day

You can also type over the BPM in the grid view... nm, that wasn't what you were asking actually..
    Last edited by Sc1C; 02-03-2009 at 05:41 AM.
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Also there is a x2 or /2 buttons for if its got it wrong by doubleing or halfing the bpm

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, what Sc1C said. If you want it to go faster you can also just type in the BPM in the pane and then fine tune it from there
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Default Grid view in Traktor Pro via MIDI

Hi,

When I'm in cue mode of the advanced panel on Traktor Pro, I can choose how to look at my waves with white markers on the last dropdown list. I always prefer to look at it in grid view. But how can i change this via midi?
    I have tried everything but i cant find it....

Thanks,

Jan

I don't think there is a Grid View... not sure what you mean. The white markers are Grid markers, which means they re-align the grid every time you put one down. You can only set Grid markers, but I wouldn't recommend it, if that's what you mean.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Make sure your beatgrids fall on a snare drum. Also make sure the bpm is correct.

You can use MixMeister BPM Analyzer to get an accurate reading: http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp

Ean Golden explains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW8X9RSt7A

Best Beatgrid practices and troubleshooting: http://nwtekno.org/showthread.php?t=136123
    Setup: Laptop, Traktor Pro, VCI100SE, Audiofire 4
    Windows XP Ultimate by Johnny, Service Pack 3
    Intel Pentium M, 1.6GHz, 2Gigs Ram
    http://www.myspace.com/djczo

Quote Originally Posted by ceezo66 View Post
    Make sure your beatgrids fall on a snare drum.
    This I disagree with. I use the kick drum for my snares, being it is much easier to see in the wave form, and I always aim for the first beat of the bar/phrase.

But, what works for you works for you
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast