turntable vibration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default turntable vibration

hi im after a little advice, as well as dj, im deputy manager at a club in the uk, i dont use timecode vynil however i have a large event coming up and the guest dj's will be using the turntables, there is really bad vibration coming into the box, causing the records to skip, does anyone know of a way that i can remedy this, ive looked at isonoe isolation feet, and some inflatable cushions, has anyone had any experience with this??

thanks for any help.

brian.

Not used them myself, but I've heard they work well for reducing bad vibes!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

the cushions are the tits!!

what club out of interest?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Concrete slabs (something like patio tiles) under each deck, then pillows/halves of squash balls/something like the previous two suggestions but more technical should help.

See if you can find the youtube vid of Mr Scruff's setup - shows you how extreme sound isolation can get ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I use outdoor rubber playground tiles between concrete bricks. Sometimes I remove the feet and use halv'd tennis balls as well.

I've heard of setting the tables on ashtrays with rubber bands over them (stretched through the grooves around the rim) as well.

The playground tiles i'm talking about look like this:

Tech Mentor

Super ghetto:

Thick rubber bands and sewer pipe cut into 4 inch cylinders. Apply 4-6 rubber bands to the cylinder and place under each turntable. Works like a charm cost nothing

brilliant guys, ive ordered the freefloat cushions, they were only £20 but if they dont work ill try some of the other ideas,

heres a link if anyone needs them : http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc...fo?Track=FF040

ill let you know how i get on with them

cheers again, brian.

ah well done, those were exactly what I was thinking of but I couldn't remember the name!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

its amazing how much technology we have and for something simple like bass vibrations you have to search high and low for an inflatable x or chopped up tennis ball lol! oh well fingers crossed it works if not ill go high tech and use ashtrays and elastic bands

I used to place two chopped up tennis balls under the TT's feet..worked perfect.

but then again I used to put butter in my old gemini scratch master's cross fader too.

the rubber mat looks like a better option.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast