human traffic - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: human traffic

I'm also in that film - at the back of the pub singing the alternate national anthem, next to the bloke that looks like a blonde Jesus ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

you guys are legends

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I'm also in that film - at the back of the pub singing the alternate national anthem, next to the bloke that looks like a blonde Jesus ...
    Haha! I'm in that scene too. Our table found out where the free booze was stored and stole considerably more than our fair share. You can tell because we're nearly falling off our stools.

Just thinking about the phrase 'sucking corporate cock' gives me cringemares even today.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    @Jack

How did you land that gig? Fucking love that film!! Think i owned the DVD even before i owned a DVD player!!
    I was clubbing a lot in Cardiff at the time. I posted a story on reddit about the big house party scene the other day:

I was living in Cardiff, Wales and going out clubbing a lot in the late 90s. One time I'm coming out of the Hippo club and someone hands me a flyer for film extras that were needed for a film called Human Traffic. I wasn't really doing anything with my life at that point so I thought what the hell.
    I ended up being in the film quite a bit, but the best part was filming the enormous house party. We were put on a bus and driven out to this mansion just outside Cardiff, let off and told to go and find somewhere. So myself and this rasta I'd just met made our way upstairs where we found a load of bucket bongs lying around the place, obviously put in place by the production crew. I had some resin with me so me and my new friend decided to make a tobacco/resin mix. Thing was that we didn't have the necessaries to make it. Rastaman suggests that we could find what we needed in the kitchen, I'm already pretty drunk by this point so figure what the hell.
    We make our way down through this mansion filled full of people there for the filming (if you've seen the movie you'll know roughly what it looks like) and into the kitchen, which is filled full of VIPs, the stars of the film, the production staff including the director, the owners of the mansion, everyone.
    Rastaman and I walk over to the kitchen Aga, I get a saucepan from the rack, he gets a bowl down and a sharp knife from the draw, I cut off enough resin for the mix, drop it into the saucepan on heat and begin to toast the tobacco in the saucepan, grinding it all together with my fingers. During this time a couple of people are looking at us strangely and one of the runners comes over and asks us what we're doing to which rastaman replies 'Props love, props' This seems to satisfy her and she went away. I finish making the mix, put it into the bowl, wash up the saucepan and put it back from where we got it.
    We then retired to the master bedroom upstairs and get to about an [8] before shooting finished for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Haha! I'm in that scene too. Our table found out where the free booze was stored and stole considerably more than our fair share. You can tell because we're nearly falling off our stools.

Just thinking about the phrase 'sucking corporate cock' gives me cringemares even today.

That place was far better when it was still a Firkin pub rather than 'Gassy Jacks' or whateverthefuck it is now.

A mate and I were supposed to be in the club scene (which they filmed at what was then a gay club round the back of M&S on the way to the CIA). Fortunately we didn't get in as according to mates who did Wildchild / Renegade Master (Fatboy Slim Remix) was ruined for themafter listening to it for a day solidly whilst they were filming.

You must've gone to Cardiff Uni around the same time as me I'm assuming?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Jack Bastard

Must be mate, 97ish? I forget exactly. I lived in Cardiff from about then till about 5 years ago when I moved to Bristol.

I was amazed the film was as ok as it was tbh, filming it I thought the script was really poor. It's the editing that makes the thing imo.

Love that film, cant believe you guys where in it. @ Jack Bastard nice story man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12