OT - i miss record stores..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I still buy records on a weekly basis. Thank God for Record Surplus and Amoeba Records...and Discogs.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

i don't...... cause i have one a few blocks from my house been going there since i was about 12 or 13 years old, but i am gonna be sad once i move.. especially if there is no record store where im moving too!

nothing like looking through crates of weird music for an hour, then buying a few because they have cool album art, and finding out that only one of the records is worth listening too haha
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Tech Guru

I miss them also, the last one around here closed just a few months back. I managed to get a steal on anything he had left in stock which was nice but it won't bring back that feeling of hunting for those lost gems.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    was just thinking of adding that...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Not that I miss the record store, I still go to, the thing I miss is the Exclusive release you could have in really few copy... kind of cool battle between DJ for a record. Now you can have everything, and on the top of it please Kill the f*ckin a55hole who've created Shazam & app like that. Even my grandmother can know now the track i'm playing. It sucks to spend loads of hour to find/discover tracks and then a young a55hole show you the track ID then download it for free 'cause he just don't care about music and all. It sucks!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Not that I miss the record store, I still go to, the thing I miss is the Exclusive release you could have in really few copy... kind of cool battle between DJ for a record. Now you can have everything, and on the top of it please Kill the f*ckin a55hole who've created Shazam & app like that. Even my grandmother can know now the track i'm playing. It sucks to spend loads of hour to find/discover tracks and then a young a55hole show you the track ID then download it for free 'cause he just don't care about music and all. It sucks!
    Word..

but I still find rare tracks (on vinyl) that people still hit me up about.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a pretty good one about an hour from me, but I don't go very often anymore.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Fuck 'em, bro. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, it matters what you do.

Although I don't really get the "exclusive sounds" deal. I play other people's records in order to share them with the masses, innit, not to keep them to myself.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast