[OT...kinda...]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [OT...kinda...]

Default [OT...kinda...]

can we all please stop spoon feeding people that ask the most general questions?

also can we please put an end to the "help me what sounds like this" threads?...

SEARCH...please do it...

dig...i have been digging for 20 years...

if not....please see the beatport/toolroom top one hundred and stop bothering the rest of us...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Banned

Man makes a strong point, there's something to be said for those DJ's who dig and finds the hot tunes that have flown under the radar and can't still put together a smashing set with out having to rely on the "big guns" to make it happen.

Here's a tip, if you like tune "X" by artist "Y", find out what labels they are on, who they have remixed, and even see if they have any sets online and start looking there.

Shouldn't be a knee jerk reaction to jump on here and start asking people to dig for you.

no'd

sadly this isnt how the world works and it wont stop.

i would love for it to stop, and people to do their own digging, but you need to think of all the different types of people and what scenerio they migh be in.

without them the forum would be all OT and thats another thread and a thread that doesnt need to be opened again.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I come from a forum that it's that way (and no OT), it's not a happy place.

If there are people willing to answer, there's no problem with it. If you don't like it, don't post. As padi said, over moderated forums are no fun. This one is awesome and has a good atmosphere, and I'd rather people felt welcome here than there were hyper strict posting rules.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

+1, also, less work for chris
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I come from a forum that it's that way (and no OT), it's not a happy place.

...Fatality....

I like happy places....

------=== ===------

i agree, if you want to help someone help them, thats cool and nice, if you dont, then dont, its simple. If you read a post and you can help wheres the harm in just pointing them in the right direction, it takes just as long to type read the fuckin manual, or try using the search functions etc as it would to maybe just help them a little... just my thoughts
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Banned

If you're only going to play what other people suggest, then what's the point? You might as well just download their mixes and give up DJing altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    If you're only going to play what other people suggest, then what's the point? You might as well just download their mixes and give up DJing altogether
    What's wrong with asking for help? If you hear a friend play a song and like it, is it wrong to ask what it is? No one's asking a fully planned setlist, some people just want some suggestions from people who may know the genre better than they do.

Maybe one person's from New York and knows the scene well, and hears something from Toronto and really likes it but hasn't heard of anyone around there, why not just ask someone who does?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast