How to tell a Guest DJ that they SUCK (in a nice way) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Coight View Post
    I think you handled the situation really well. I'm 1 of 2 "real dj's" in town (not saying i'm a legend or any crap like that, just know my gear and where my limited talent extends too and have enough knowledge to say i'm a real dj.) So being 1 of these 2 dj's can be a pain in the ass at times. The other dj in town who regulars the club i play at is a microwave dj and i mean like the old analogue microwaves with the rotating knobs... no flash buttons or led readouts lol. He runs (OMG) Windows Media Player *takes a second to listen to snickers and deep breaths of horror* nehow enough of the sarcasm... This guy has turned up when i'm rostered to play out and hooked his laptop up to the mixer to my hidden astonishment and proceeded to cut into my sets a few times meanwhile totally ruining the atmosphere and trainwrecking things. This somewhat really pissed me off the last time he did it so when i did a private gig that finished early 1 night and i'd had a few not so clear beverages, a few guys from the party decided to go to the club so i packed my gear up took it with me and proceeded to seek revenge. I stole 80% of his sets and not only that but didn't F#$k it all up like he did to mine. I beatmatched his songs pumped the absolute hell outta the club, enjoyed myself making him understand it's not such a great feeling when someone trashes your set and especially when i can sync the music manually and pump the hell outta the club. From then i also handed him the reins to the booth for the previous 2 weeks and also this week where i am being told by management they want me back because he is ruining the club by playing shit and not having any idea. :-D Gotta also love that feeling. So my next gig is Valentines day and weekend which will be huge because i'm installing a brand new power amp and mixer so the system will actually run full potential and also get to step back in on event nights.

I didn't like having to do this but sometimes people need to be shown/told that they really are shit and need to either pull up their socks or get out.

Meanwhile another problem i had was with the dj that has been in town the longest... He's running CDJ's and is "the best and i should give up? wtf". He plays ministry of sound cd's, doesn't know how to mix a bottle of shake and bake pancakes and just looks cool because he has a set of CDJ's and a half decent audio system he bought with drug money... lol... So anyhow he's so good that he came up 1 night and decided he could mix with the VCI. Requested a couple of songs for me to load up which i did after explaining to him that the VCI is not what it seems and i'd fully remapped it too "oh nah this shit is easy, these are nothing compared to cdj's yayaya yayaya all the general crap we suffer" He then proceeded to completely trash both songs, clear the dance floor, make everyone look wierd and go outside then tell me "f#$k em, they love it just smash it all up i can do what i want". What a legend of the toilet seat. Hence when he finished creating the most mangled train wreck i've ever heard i announced "thanks to DJ *** for his contribution tonight" told him how great he was and laughed on the inside.

As i say i'm no superstar, i'm just a broke ass labourer/DJ who loves the music, loves the atmosphere and wanna have fun while others do. But sometimes you have to give people a reality check and give them the opportunity to re-discover their roots.

Sorry for the long post all ;-)
    big ups to the labourer-djs!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

God I hate Steve Aoki, Yes I said it
    Thank Ya!!!

im starting to think that your steve aoki, j/k
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Im currently working on a mix. I went thru an anti, any social network faze, therefore destroying any free advertising. Yeah im 23, lets try to make that happen
    Thank Ya!!!

Hey JesC, Who was this dj? Im curious PM me. I wanna laugh my ass off if its any of one these local retards we have here in town.
    1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

I'm curious too =0

Hey Syphic, he some local dj, he's always at the little cave and is a short mexican guy. He says he play at Vertigos all the time and @ bordellos Club bender or blender...To be honest I have never seen him dj or heard about him in the scene.

I had to keep it cool being that the owner of Vertigos is part owner of ambiente and I play there all the time, so I dont want them to get word that Im start shit with other djs

*** Damn, all I need is Syphic to join us at the Little Cave for the DJ TT Mix off, and its on like donkey kong! ***

Dennis is part owner of Ambiente?
    1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

Yeah man, he was there on friday, with the whole vertigos crew. The closed early being that they had a college party that sux so they all rolled to ambiente. They had a chat with me about picking me up as a resident on fri or sat.

Thats awesome man. They used to hook us up sick at Vertigos. Especially since my girlfriends cousin had a little thing going on with Tomcat back in the day. I just ran into the old door guy Frank at the Freestyle Explosion a few weeks back. I used to be mixed in pretty cool with alot of the crew who used to work at Vertigos on thursday nights a few years back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast