Traktor Pro 1 Latency/CPU Issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Default Traktor Pro 1 Latency/CPU Issues

    Hello, I've been using Traktor Pro 1 for some time now without any problems with latency, but for some reason, I seemed to be having some latency issues during the last gig I played a week ago. I hadn't messed with ASIO4ALL, installed any new software, etc. so I have no idea what's been causing this, but Traktor's CPU has been flaring up fairly randomly (yet frequently), occasionally entering the red. Sometimes this is audible, other times it's not. I've tried the following to fix the problem:

    -Reinstalled Traktor
    -Reinstalled ASIO4ALL
    -Did a system restore to a time when I wasn't having latency issues
    -Have configured ASIO4ALL with high latency, low latency, and everything in between. 896 seems to be the lowest I can go now, as opposed to when I was running at 512 smoothly
    -Disabled my NVIDIA graphics card, Bluetooth, WLAN, ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    -Updated my BIOS
    -Turned off USB power managment

    I also tried setting my audio device in Traktor to my computer's soundcard, rather than ASIO4ALL and still got the same results. At this point, I'm completely at a loss as for what to do. I've freed up a bunch of space, defragged my laptop, etc. Nothing. Any advice would be much appreciated, as I have a gig this Friday and am kind of losing it. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    I also just ran LatencyMon and found acpi.sys giving me a 1.2 highest execution. But I'm not able to disable this file via BIOS or Process Hacker. However, I've also read a bit up on it, and some people seem to think it might not be a good idea to end this service, anyway.

    I also tried disabling my internal soundcard to no avail.
    Last edited by behindtrees; 06-02-2011 at 03:59 AM.

  3. #3
    Tech Guru PeteWoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    569

    Default

    You say you'v disabled your ACPI control method battery, but surely the ACPI.sys is related to that? :/

  4. #4

    Default

    I definitely assume it is, but it appears that the actual service is still running even though I disabled that part of it in device manager.

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tranquility Base
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I ran into a similar problem with my ThinkPad Edge 14 and Traktor Pro 2. I'd get periodic dropouts every ~30-60 seconds that would last 3-5 seconds each. LatencyMon determined acpi.sys was the biggest offender.

    In my case, the problem was solved by uninstalling 2 drivers... the Intel Storage Matrix drivers and Synaptics Touchpad drivers. I didn't use the Intel Storage Matrix stuff (usually used for RAID, where my laptop only has a single drive anyway) and the standard Windows mouse pointer driver worked just fine. After pulling both of these, boom, no more acpi.sys latency and I can use both jogwheel scratching and DVS with 192 buffers.

    Check your drivers, uninstall anything you know you can get rid of.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

  6. #6
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    when was the last time you cleaned your fan/vents out?

    sounds like dust build up restricting airflow, leading to an overheat if cpu has started flaring recently

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post
    I ran into a similar problem with my ThinkPad Edge 14 and Traktor Pro 2. I'd get periodic dropouts every ~30-60 seconds that would last 3-5 seconds each. LatencyMon determined acpi.sys was the biggest offender.

    In my case, the problem was solved by uninstalling 2 drivers... the Intel Storage Matrix drivers and Synaptics Touchpad drivers. I didn't use the Intel Storage Matrix stuff (usually used for RAID, where my laptop only has a single drive anyway) and the standard Windows mouse pointer driver worked just fine. After pulling both of these, boom, no more acpi.sys latency and I can use both jogwheel scratching and DVS with 192 buffers.

    Check your drivers, uninstall anything you know you can get rid of.
    I uninstalled my touchpad drivers and nothing new happened; and I don't seem to have anything similar to the Intel Storage Matrix (or any AMD equivalent).

    Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    when was the last time you cleaned your fan/vents out?

    sounds like dust build up restricting airflow, leading to an overheat if cpu has started flaring recently
    I just sprayed a bunch of compressed air into the vents/fan, which didn't seem to do anything. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the CPU in Traktor doesn't correlate to the actual CPU of the computer, but to audio latency.

    Also, nihardwareservice.exe seems to crash whenever I remove something from a USB port. Possibly related?

  8. #8

    Default

    Bump.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Nicky H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Have you disabled acpi in your bios?

    Could be that ...

    Also a bit more hardware info might help ... soundcard etc..

    And why are you using asio4all?
    SC | MC

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Have you disabled acpi in your bios?

    Could be that ...

    Also a bit more hardware info might help ... soundcard etc..

    And why are you using asio4all?
    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm not able to disable ACPI in my BIOS--it seems that my BIOS is fairly limited in terms of what I can do in it. I'm able to check the general system info, change boot order, run diagnostic tests, etc., but there's nothing about ACPI.

    Whoops, totally spaced on the hardware information. Here's my specs:

    Windows Vista SP2
    AMD Turion 64 X2 2.1ghz
    4 GB RAM
    Behringer U-Control external soundcard
    Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 internal soundcard
    M-Audio X-Session


    I use the external soundcard to plug into the sound system and then plug my headphones into the laptop's headphone jack.

    If I don't use ASIO4ALL, nothing comes out of my headphone jack and I can only play music through my external soundcard. Basically, I use it for headphone cueing. Windows doesn't by default allow you to divide up where audio is going--ASIO4ALL solves this problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •