Does anyone else remember NI blaming Windows for LED pops/glitches? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    cos no one else does that...

That doesnt justify it or make it right. Shit happens and we all know that....but you need to confront issues head on and ultimately fix them in a timley manner if possible and at the very least acknowledge the problem and keep people informed, instead of taking customers with issues and essentially sweeping them under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    That doesnt justify it or make it right. Shit happens and we all know that....but you need to confront issues head on and ultimately fix them in a timley manner if possible and at the very least acknowledge the problem and keep people informed, instead of taking customers with issues and essentially sweeping them under the rug.
    never said it did, but hey that's the software industry

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    So wait a second, we're blaming Windows for the LED problems? People actually believe that?

Let's get the picture clear for a minute. Native Instruments design software for Windows and Mac. I don't know the sales figures, but I'm betting a large proportion of their sales come from Windows users (yes, 'professional' djs use Apple products, but a LOT of bedroom dj's use Windows).

So therefore, it's up to NI to design software that works properly on Windows, regardless of any flaws. They've clearly been able to work around them in TP2 without any patches from MS, so it's clear to me who's fault this is.

And to anyone who says that this is due to users hacking their midi controllers to do something that NI didn't intend. Am I reading this right? Are we saying that causing midi LED's to light up is a 'hack'? I can understand that their might be a risk of overloading the midi protocol with too much data, but then this would affect Mac users as well.

Anyway, this thread is borderline Mac vs Windows so I'll leave it for now. Without getting too personal though, why is it that some people are so blindly supporting of a company that has infamously poor customer service and of a company that has proven their own nonsense statements as being incorrect?
    +1 mate. Fanboys are weird.

Tech Guru

never said it did, but hey that's the software industry
    and hardware industry i guess too huh.......Why defend that? essentially thats what you're doing. You're justifying their actions by saying other do it too. If I'm having a problem with something cause it's not performing the way it was advertised, and the problem continues to exist over a pro-longed period of time and in some circumstances isn't even acknowledged, I don't want to hear about other companies that pull the same bs.
    I'm not upset to the point where I feel i need to start threads about it, but I'm not gonna go around and make excuses for them either.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Windows and Mac's handle MIDI differently.
    The way the software sent MIDI meant that in extreme circumstances Mac could handle and Window's could not.
    The problem was identified quite some time ago.
    The problem has been fixed.

Jack Bastard - talking about 'cognitive dissonance' is all very well and good but if you will please be a good boy and convince yourself:

All that time YOU PERSONALLY spent troubleshooting and on the line to tech support has resulted in the problem being fixed.

Therefore you are a hero, the time wasn't wasted and you can walk around looking smug for a minute.

Gotta love cognitive dissonance

Some of you lot ought to be studied for science.

Spin it anyway you want but you're clearly drinking the koolaid if you think that continually denying a problem exists, in some cases making users go and purchase extra hardware to try and remedy it, blaming a 3rd party and then fixing the issue as part of a paid upgrade is in any way what a good company does.

I like their products but NI are fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    and hardware industry i guess too huh.......Why defend that? essentially thats what you're doing. You're justifying their actions by saying other do it too. If I'm having a problem with something cause it's not performing the way it was advertised, and the problem continues to exist over a pro-longed period of time and in some circumstances isn't even acknowledged, I don't want to hear about other companies that pull the same bs.
    I'm not upset to the point where I feel i need to start threads about it, but I'm not gonna go around and make excuses for them either.
    maybe i just couldn't give enough of a shit to complain, everyone expects bugs with everything.
    when you find one you either work with it or around it imo.

maybe being a windows user has brought that frame of mind about...?

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    http://www.disinfo.com/2011/06/apple-products-trigger-the-same-parts-of-the-brain-as-religion
    wtf has a link about apple got to do with anything?

and the fanboy thing is starting to grate.
    just because you so blind sided by your love of MS that you refuse to believe that there's a problem with the system you (and I) use, it has to be NI's fault?

think that would count as being a fanboy to, yeah?

SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

This conversation is clearly going nowhere. Stop the arguing or I'm closing the thread.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

maybe i just couldn't give enough of a shit to complain, everyone expects bugs with everything.
    when you find one you either work with it or around it imo.

maybe being a windows user has brought that frame of mind about...?
    Yea I hear ya on that. I def work around it. There's some issues that can't be worked around (S4 soundcard)......but im lucky to not have any of those issues. It's just sad that there are some issues that date back to the first release of tpro 1 that still exist in tpro2. I can deal with bugs that occur on my set-up.....but i'm not cool with dealing with the response NI has had.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast