Does anyone else remember NI blaming Windows for LED pops/glitches? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

It just has a certain charm I find.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    welcome to the UK!
    *fanfare*

----------------
    and was norfolk before here...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

ot- bradcee get in the chat room plz k thx bai
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    HANG ON!
    From what I read, NI simply said there was no fault with the software that caused the issues, which there wasn't. If you made/imported modifications without understanding Windows (not Traktor's) limitations and then suffered issues then that is your fault for not understanding the limitations and it is indeed a Windows issue. If you weren't happy with how Traktor ran on Windows, then you either shouldn't have bought it or bought a better OS laptop, i.e. a Mac.

Blaming NI is simply a cop out for your lack of understanding of your product, in terms of Windows and Traktor.
    First of all, Traktor runs fine on windows. Not as well as a Mac out of the box, but with minor tweaks I've had no glaring issues. The thing you seem to be failing to grasp here is that it clearly wasn't a limitation of the OS if NI was able to fix it with the release of TPro2. I'm not saying NI isn't a great company. In fact, I'm a pretty big fan of NI. However, I'm not letting that get in the way of looking at this situation objectively.

As far as "modifying the product"... Wow. So anyone who uses a custom tsi and runs into bugs in the software should suck it up? This is Traktor we're talking about, a program which uses customizable midi mapping as a huge selling point. If I wanted to be stuck with only the midi mappings the company released or ones that were limited, I'd use Serato (which by the way I also have). Outputting midi to LEDs is pretty basic functionality by Traktor standards.

Aside from all of that, the main point of the OP wasn't "NI didn't fix the bug," it was that NI blamed the bug on windows and said they couldn't do anything about it, which in hindsight looks to be untrue. All of this "well it's only a problem for Windows users" justification is pretty unfounded. The product is released for both OSs and both should expect similar support from NI. If the company didn't want to support windows, they wouldn't have released Traktor for windows...

Here's the kicker - I'm getting a top of the line 15 inch MacBook pro next week, so I don't even have a personal interest in how NI supports windows anymore. That doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on it though.

OH FFS!!! we'd gone OT here, leave it to die man, leave it to die!!

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    ot- bradcee get in the chat room plz k thx bai
    don't have an irc client on my pc... gimme 10 mins

also....

why?

SoundCloud

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567