Help!! hdd problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

cheers guys, @ brad, im going to have a look now, i did have vista ultimate, but went back to xp pro, sp3 to save cpu and ram usage.

a quick edit, if i copy the collection.nml will i need to copy that to all flash drives or just to the main onboard hdd??

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    a quick edit, if i copy the collection.nml will i need to copy that to all flash drives or just to the main onboard hdd??
    for time being, you wanna keep it all together, then split into playlists and export them from traktor onto the flash drives. this will copy the tracks and create a [playlist].nml file for that group

if not you'll have several of the collection.nml files that will complain about missing tracks.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    @ discothan: would it maybe be wise to have different flash drive for different genres etc.. ideally id like a ssd but theyre not exactly in my budget lol.
    oh completely! This is a great idea.

Just remember that even flash drives can break down.

If your source of income depends on having your music library backed up so you can rebuild your sets, you should consider some sort of online backup service.

Burning your data to CD/DVD/BLURAY is nice, but don't use this medium to DJ from. Copy those files back to your working HD.

yeah i think the best idea is to just bite it and buy another hdd as back up and a few of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/128GB-Corsair-...#ht_908wt_1139 thought id stick the link incase others wanted it, thanks for the help peeps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12