everyones a bloody... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah i know.. when i did my initial reply to this thread i was on my phone at work and couldn't be bothered - i mean didn't have time to reply to your OP

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    yeah i know.. when i did my initial reply to this thread i was on my phone at work and couldn't be bothered - i mean didn't have time to reply to your OP
    bit like when i'm on my phone and can't be arsed to type loads

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

Reminds me of how many awful digital labels there are out there just because people want the 'prestige' of being a producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Reminds me of how many awful digital labels there are out there just because people want the 'prestige' of being a producer.

HEY!

I agree with you on that Jack.

here in Cape Town....Psytrance seriously took off about 10 years ago.
    There were a batch of local producers who made it and had solid labels and made killer music etc. Touring the works!

Then you started getting any toss....who could work FL a little...and would get a CD together (VA) and then want to be able to be called a producer....and be the elite....

LOL.....I can name about 20 labels here in Cape Town that have NEVER released a fucking thing...

JUST so that they can have a Rec Label name next to their DJ Name on Flyers....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Jack Bastard

I can produce a bit, definitely up to the standard of a lot of these digi labels but I would never release or want to release stuff that I'd made. It would sound like amateur hour compared to my favourite producers.

Of course some people lack the musical depth and knowledge to know that what they make is generic pap, and that ignorance combined with ego is responsible for me having to trawl through page after page of shite new releases each week.

Even though I have no formal journalistic or camera training, people seem to like what I write and also take pictures of. In this respect, I feel comfortable calling myself a writer and photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I can produce a bit, definitely up to the standard of a lot of these digi labels but I would never release or want to release stuff that I'd made. It would sound like amateur hour compared to my favourite producers.

Of course some people lack the musical depth and knowledge to know that what they make is generic pap, and that ignorance combined with ego is responsible for me having to trawl through page after page of shite new releases each week.
    Exactly the same with me.

I have 15 odd of my own tracks. But none i feel confident enough about to send to a label.

I know what quality is...i have mates that are releasing...

My career and DJing bear much more fruit for me...and keep me happy.

One day I will tinker with it again....when i has time!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12