2questions: TSP2 + Maschine

Default 2questions: TSP2 + Maschine

The guys at my local music store aren't the most knowledgeable bunch...

Questions 1: Im currently rockin TSPro but want to upgrade to 2. My question is though, for the sample decks, do you require a dedicated channel for each of em? So say if I were to run 2 "regular" decks (timecodes) and 2 sample decks at the same time would I need a 4 channel mixer? Or does TSP2 output the sample decks through the master?

>>> Yes I know, someone will jump in and say "Pfffft you can't use 4 decks at the same time" a. im just asking for examples sake and b. since its my buddy and I its perfectly viable

Question 2: This one should be simple. Between Maschine regular...and Maschine "Educational" Version, is there any difference? does the Edu one have less stuff featured in it?

Educational version is the same except you cant transfer the license if you want to sell it in the future so you save money but you are stuck with it

And you are not allowed to use it commercially
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

You can route multiple decks through one channel in traktor pro 2 so you can have deck a and sample deck c running through channel 1 of your mixer and deck b and sample deck d running through channel 2 of your mixer! Hooray!

And depending on your soundcard, you can sync Maschine + TPro via MIDI, run Maschine thru TPro's decks+fx, or output the decks to Maschine and use Maschine as a send FX unit, so you could use Stutter Edit, Turnado, The Mouth + others on your tracks.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    And depending on your soundcard, you can sync Maschine + TPro via MIDI, run Maschine thru TPro's decks+fx, or output the decks to Maschine and use Maschine as a send FX unit, so you could use Stutter Edit, Turnado, The Mouth + others on your tracks.
    wasn't exactly planning on using 1 and the other together but hmmm...intriguing, thanks for the heads up dude

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Educational version is the same except you cant transfer the license if you want to sell it in the future so you save money but you are stuck with it
    perfect! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You can route multiple decks through one channel in traktor pro 2 so you can have deck a and sample deck c running through channel 1 of your mixer and deck b and sample deck d running through channel 2 of your mixer! Hooray!
    yesssss! awesome thank you so much

Tech Convert

Also dont easily fall for NFRs. In my case the main difference would be NOT getting Komplete Elements with 1.6 update automatically. I don't need it tough, so I don't complain.

NFRs?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    And you are not allowed to use it commercially
    thats not true a friend and i both have one i use it at gigs and get paid he uses it to make songs there on itunes oo and guess what he gets paid

Are you sure that's legal?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!