OK, let's dumb things down for a sec...
    Tech Convert

Default OK, let's dumb things down for a sec...

I am an old-school style DJ (vinyl/cdjs) that is new to DJ software, and new to integrating midi functionality into said software.

I just bought Serato. I use Dicers. I just bought a midi-fighter. I plugged the Midi-fighter into Serato, and Serato is 'seeing' the Midi-fighter.

OK... now what? How do I go about installing mapping for Serato, and do I also need to download firmware for it to operate? I downloaded the mapping for Serato Scratch and I now have an XML file on my desktop. How do I get this baby to work? I just need a clear and simple explanation to get things rolling here...

This forum is great, but for a total newbie to the Midi-Fighter I am getting lost trying to determine what to do to get it operational.

Thanks!

Macbook Pro OS 10.6.7, Serato SL4, Dicers, CDJ1000MK3's, Technics SL1200MK2's, DJM800, Korg Kaoss Pad 3, Korg Kaossilator
    Last edited by ChiGuy; 06-03-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Mappings tab at top of screen, bits you need are in there

http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Convert

Thanks, I downloaded the zip file for Serato Scratch mapping and opened it up, ended up with an XML file. Not sure how to proceed.
    ChiGuy

There not a read me? Not a serato user, so don't know beyond where the files are...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Convert

Yeah, just an XML file.

I'd have to double check later but I'm pretty sure you go to settings and then the midi tab, then load and choose the XML file.

Shouldn't you 'tell' Serato where to find the mapping file?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

So I looked into this a bit more - it looks like you can load the preset by putting it into the proper folder. Go into your music folder on your hard drive (on windows this would be "My Music", not sure about on OSX). Alternatively, search for a folder called "_Serato_", which should be located within this music folder. Once you're in the _Serato_ folder, there will be a "MIDI" folder. Put your preset XML file into here and restart Serato. Then go into the settings as I said above and you should be able to load it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The _serato_ folder loads os in user>music on OSX
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thank you to everyone that responded, I will check into it and see if I can get it up and running!