Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Digital DJs

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I agree with JesC. Pay us to fly to different cities between LA and NYC
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Do we have to show up with pocket protectors and tape on our glasses?

Slightly off topic....do you guys think that Ean will have an offical DJ TT party?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Doing that kind of party would be easy in the since that its Ean. But hard, because more than half of the members are, well, no in Cali.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

I did a night at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood with about 5 Djs and man you'd be suprised at how many NEW* Dj's dont know jack shit about connecting to a system let alone how to connect their own gear!!!.
    1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by syphic View Post
    I did a night at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood with about 5 Djs and man you'd be suprised at how many NEW* Dj's dont know jack shit about connecting to a system let alone how to connect their own gear!!!.
    holy frig...i totally hear ya. i know a guy who has been doing it for about 10 years and didn't know the difference between passive and powered speakers.

he's lucky he didn't break anything.

What are passive and powered speakers? J/K

Alot of dj's dont really talk the art of mixing seriously, and it really pisses me off that I lose alot of gigs to them bing that they have a big dj name but little by little im building my name again.

BTW Im playing at Got 80s this month on a friday, anyone in l.a. let me know if you guys want to roll and drinks some beers

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

wow... I get nothin on the gain explanation? I'm proud of that

no love, I just get no love.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey I understood what you were saying. Mr Devil props on the tube thing you talked about

DvlsAdvct-

Where in NY are you. Maybe you could tutor my noob self in the art of Digtal Djing?
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

i guess the main struggle with bad digital DJ's lies within bad education. My humble guess is that all those bad digiJ's are self learners. They only know what they can find on the internet, and to be frank except for Ean's work, i haven't found much better youtube vids/tutorials. Or worse, they don't know that some topics even exist! They usualy have no one that can give em explanation about basic sound rigs and stuff.

I am trying to dig myself out of this hole myself and i feel i have learned some very wrong informations and bad ideas that even to this day i think are totaly correct.

The net needs more DJTT and comunities like this!

like, it's literaly so easy to become beginer digital dj. Everyone has computer and laptop/macbook is close to almost everyone as well. In this environment, just simple starting invest into basic gear can generate fresh new digital dj. I suspect there is like bazillions of them hidden in some corner of the net and desperate for good informations, tutorials... worst part is that, most often they do not realize that they need it

for example: it might be my language barrier, but for example i have only the simplest awareness of passive or active speakers topic. Actualy, a guy in sound shop told me interesting thing: "You are digital DJ? Believe it or not, you are so much sound technician than you would admit, i highly recommend you to read some pro books about sound".. i want to take his advice... just at the moment dunno about such book
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast