Bad Digital DJs - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bad Digital DJs

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    We are here having issues with normal DJs cranking djm to the max.
    There are few sounds more horrible than a DJM600 being pushed into the red.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MistakenTourist View Post
    I was back at home this weekend and went out with some mates to a club that I've been going to for years. It was recently taken over by some guys who run a fairly decent night and the music is good even if the mixing is not the most creative, however to cut a long story short my mates now the sound guy and the guys who run what is billed as the biggest local night in my hometown don't actually use the mixer they load up recorded mixes in itunes and just use the mixer and headphones for show playing a pre recorded set, worst thing is though don't even know if its there sets there playing or if they're just ripping some poor guy off. This in a town where i can do the stuff they record - live and can't get a gig?!
    wow that is horrible

Its funny what Jäger does to the body with some redbull...

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You can either walk up to him and say "Dude, that wasn't cool" or you can say nothing. *shrug* Whatever you do, don't do it when your wasted
    I was pissed due to drop serious cash on flyer/promoting. And he shows up @ my house and shows no respect. No Hand shake, not even a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly
    Easy, you just hit them with the chair from behind!
    Now thats not cool, If Im going to do something like that,

I want them to see it coming...

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I was pissed due to drop serious cash on flyer/promoting. And he shows up @ my house and shows no respect. No Hand shake, not even a nod.
    Oh dude, I think you're right. He's obviously a douchebagel.

So, make sure that's clear to everyone you work with. Reputation goes a long way, right?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Oh dude, I think you're right. He's obviously a douchebagel.

So, make sure that's clear to everyone you work with. Reputation goes a long way, right?
    Your Rep is all you have in the scene. Once your tag with being a-hole, being a no show, or being a pre-madonna...your done and doors will start closing.

I laughed inside when the bar manager was talking to me about how good we've been doing on sundays, and he & his crew of djs overhead. Cuz they have a sunday club that has taken a nose dive, closing its door early (1am) cuz 10 - 20 people show up.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Your Rep is all you have in the scene. Once your tag with being a-hole, being a no show, or being a pre-madonna...your done and doors will start closing.
    Agreed. Rep goes a long way but each bad thing you do will count against the thousands of good things you do. All in all, be pro and courteous all around. ie- never get your hands dirty. hint hint.

Slightly off topic....do you guys think that Ean will have an offical DJ TT party?

I sure hope so! I live in San Francisco actually only like a mile from Ean's place (i've been there before when he upgraded my 1.2 fw to 1.3). I must say that his place is really nice!

anyone else on this forum live near the bay area? i'd love to get together and trash some sound systems, throw ideas around, maybe battle or somethin!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678