How do you guys keep your iTunes libraries in sync?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you guys keep your iTunes libraries in sync?

I currently have a pretty insanely large music library and the MAIN library that I work on is on my Desktop. I would like to have changes in meta data & additions mirrored onto my Mac library. I am sure the would only entail a

sudo grep "C:\"
    cat whatever the replace command is "C:\" & "Mac library default" > itunes.xml

boom instantly translated library. I am currently teaching myself python for this exact reason. So far nobody on t3h interwebs has done it right. Fucking lazy cunts.

I shelled out 23 bucks for SuperSync. It sucks the fat one. Don't use it.

DirSync Pro = Free & Works
    I used this for a long time. Just never use the Bi-Directional sync feature.
    Changes to meta -data are interpreted as new sogs = Duplicates
    Otherwise its a 10/10 program. Its cross platform. Written in Java. Fast as fuck.

So how do you guys do it?
    Last edited by maxonemillionone; 06-05-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

Tech Mentor

I'd lose the Mac and spend the money on hookers. Problem solved!

If I was forced to keep the Mac, I'd probably use a NAS (= a harddrive connected to the interwebz, well local network probably). Not much of a sync-fan, too much hassle.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I'd lose the Mac and spend the money on hookers. Problem solved!

If I was forced to keep the Mac, I'd probably use a NAS (= a harddrive connected to the interwebz, well local network probably). Not much of a sync-fan, too much hassle.
    I already tried NAS server...

And I guess I have to move back to a NAS server... Shitty.
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

My iTunes library solution.

I overclocked my RT-N16 so it would serve files faster. Its basically a USB Wireless-N router. Otherwise known as NAS server.

Its now serving my iTunes library at the same speed it would if it the external HDD were plugged in.

You can cop a RT-N16 @ Newegg for 60 bucks. A pretty good deal considering I paid almost 90 for mine.

i stopped using itunes because i was getting sick of bothering with sync

I just got a gigabit NAS recently... Western Digital My World jobbie... generally pretty pleased with it as an itunes/movie fileserver but the data transfer speed is slooooow... even on my gigabit network it reads/writes at 10mb/s (megabytes, that is).

What's the transfer speed you get with the DD-WRT router maxonemillionone?

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    I just got a gigabit NAS recently... Western Digital My World jobbie... generally pretty pleased with it as an itunes/movie fileserver but the data transfer speed is slooooow... even on my gigabit network it reads/writes at 10mb/s (megabytes, that is).

What's the transfer speed you get with the DD-WRT router maxonemillionone?
    I average about 1-2 MB/ps

lawl.. Then again its my router thats doing all this. Along with managing the network traffic =p

If you want to increase your speed I would suggest upgrading your NAS server processor.
    Last edited by maxonemillionone; 06-06-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    i stopped using itunes because i was getting sick of bothering with sync
    What do you use now?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't do any tagging on the desktop. I've got the shared library automatically updating so whatever I DL on the desktop goes onto the MBP, from there I tag it. Maybe this new iCloud is the solution?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    What do you use now?
    I'm a luddite, pen and paper for play lists

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast