Traktor 2: Tracks are jumping around
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2: Tracks are jumping around

I've been trying to build the confidence to use Traktor 2 in my weekly sets, and began to go through today and update playlists and what not within the software. Upon working with some mixes, I began to notice that loaded tracks were randomly jumping/stuttering in small increments without trigger. I checked my latency, turned off wi-fi and bluetooth, no FX were toggled....it's baffling. Is this a known issue? Are there fixes or triggers to the problem?

Traktor 2
    Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Core Duo
    4GB Ram
    Kontrol S4

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Was the track playing? Was there a track playing in the other deck? Was sync on? Which sync do you have set, beat sync or phase sync?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes, the track was playing and another was playing on deck two. Synch was on and I am using beat sync. Does that help?

I too use beat sync, and find that is jumps around every now and again, but in time.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

When the track jumps, it's completely noticeable as in it should not happen. From reading what the second response posted, i can see it's possible that if the track is left on Sync while the other track is still the Master, it could jump - but I dont believe this is what was happening.

Have you beat grid your tracks? If not the jumping will be Traktor trying to keep them in sync.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

this;
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbeans View Post
    When the track jumps, it's completely noticeable as in it should not happen. From reading what the second response posted, i can see it's possible that if the track is left on Sync while the other track is still the Master, it could jump - but I dont believe this is what was happening.
    plus this;
    Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Have you beat grid your tracks? If not the jumping will be Traktor trying to keep them in sync.
    also is key lock on? and what settings have you got for that, might be cos it's trying to hold key that it's more noticeable?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

These are all really great (yet Noobish, embarrassingly) questions -

Yes, the tracks are beatgrid. Why would the track jump though while playing live, I never experienced this in Traktor S4.

Yes, the Keylock is on. I did notice that in using TempoSync, I am not seeing the problem. The major issue is I never had this problem in Traktor S4, hence my confusion. I keep wanting to use Traktor 2 in live sets but fear things like this happening!

Thanks for the help!

Does it do it when keylock is off? How pitched up/down are the tracks?

IMO keylock is not worth using ever cause i can notice those little glitches as it tries to correct the pitch. Nothing drastic, but just a little noticeable though

Much better to just play it speeded up / down imo if that's the problem
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbeans View Post
    These are all really great (yet Noobish, embarrassingly) questions
    i hope that's not aimed at the people trying to help...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast