button map.. sample deck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default button map.. sample deck

help with sample deck, normal deck toggle button asked before but couldnt figure out to map this.... i have 2 shift buttons and would like when i press these to toggle between sample deck mode and normal deck mode... im using a netbook so 4 decks is not ideal
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

unless this is answered overnight, i'll shoot a response in the morning

cba to look now

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

cheers brad always to the rescue.... haha was in bed on the laptop messing with samples and had to get up and try figure this out... its been annoying me for weeks now :P
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

lol,

as a rough guess, it'll be the mapping to switch the deck type, not sure if this can toggle normally or not, or if it needs a mod.

then with the mods should be doable without using* mods 1-8 as i'd assume a 'deck mode' condition would exist in the conditions drop down

should essentially be looking at the mod toggle i explained earlier, either with 'normal' mods of the 'deck mode' condition but it'll be a case of x = 0 if x = 1 etc again

*ryan leo take note if you decide to jump in with a solution...
    and no random inputs to find midi notes either, sticky out tongue

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

yeah was looking at deck mode but in direct the only option is internal playback.. but there has to be something in there... not sure if mods are needed too much in this map since the button is a device shift button like its pre mapped making on and off functions easier, just need to hold whilst mapping etc...

ah, so not a mappable button... no problem. will keep that in mind when i solve this in 1 minute flat tomorrow morning

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

figured it .... woo hoo deck flavor... direct then sample mode... then mapped to button was fairly simple just didnt have a clue to look, thought itd be deck mode..

tbh i thought it'd be 'mode', 'flavor' hadn't come to mind... would've known when i saw it...

SoundCloud

and well done

now to map everything else

and if a 'flavor' condition exists in mappings i recommend it's use for deck/sampler controls. even if the decks not in that mode/flavor shit will still happen behind the scenes

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

do you mean like itd play samples if normal deck is active?? the way im mapping it is theres 4 cue buttons and a shift button to make it 8, my shift button is mapped to toggle so i cant play samples if its on normal mode itll be cue 1-4 just means i dont need a big screen and can still sample shit up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast