XSession Pro - Traktor Pro - Xfader with Bass Rolloff

Default XSession Pro - Traktor Pro - Xfader with Bass Rolloff

This is a copy of the post under Basic Smart Knobs in Traktor Pro

Using “relative faders” I was able to set up a basic smart crossfader/bass rolloff/bass rollup using only the crossfader to control 3 items. the setup on my X-Session Pro is as follows.

X-Fader | Global | Direct | CC20 (ch1)
    Type - Analog Fader / Knob
    Invert - Checked

EQ Low | Deck A | Direct | CC20 (ch1)
    Type - Relative Fader / Knob
    Rotary Sensitivity - 70%

EQ Low | Deck B | Direct | CC20 (ch1)
    Type - Relative Fader / Knob
    Rotary Sensitivity - 70%
    Invert - Checked

Now move the xfader all the way to the left, and reset both low eq knobs to 0%. If set up corretly, moving the xfader to the right, you’ll see the low eq A move down to -100% while low eq B moves up to +100%. Moving the xfader back to right should reset both eq A & B to 0%.

Cool, now the part that took me all night to figure out. With the xfader to the left and both low eq’s set to 0%, just turn the low eq B down to -100% with your mouse. Now moving the xfader to the right raises low eq B up to 0% while the low eq A moves down to -100%, the bass crossfades with the track. Move the xfader from right to left, the low eq B moves back down to - 100% and low eq A moves back up to 0%.

Seems that 70% is the perfect setting for Rotarty Sensitivity, for the knob to make an exact half turn. Also, helps to have “Reset all mixer controls when loading track” unchecked, but not essential. Just make sure that the deck you’re mixing into has the low eq set to -100%, it will move up to 0% when you xfade into it.

Hope this helps!

Only problem I have with this is that the bass rolloff is too much, if you're ever in the middle then it just has no kick at all. Kind of loses the energy.